Beauty, Celebrities, HairQ & A: Bookish Charm

We received a query from one of our readers, Agnes, on how to get Alexis Bledel’s look on Gilmore Girls. She just had two requirements: minimal effort and staying power!

Alexis’ gorgeous locks match her character’s intelligent, bookish charm personality. The long bangs (very “in” right now, by the way) should be easiest party to achieve. Just take your blowdryer and a round brush. Wrap your bangs around the brush and blowdry on low until dry.

For the wavy/ curly ends, the key is in the styling prep and finish. Begin by running a dollop of Bumble & Bumble’s Styling Creme through your hair. Wind damp hair in jumbo Velcro rollers to the point where you want the curls to begin (approximately above ears). Afterwards, unwind and shake it out, using your fingers to brush through. Finish with a light dose of volumizer/ shine spray like Bumble and Bumble’s Thickening Spray or Bb. Shine. (FYI, in case you are wondering who does the hair on Gilmore Girls…it’s the award-winning stylist Patricia Vecchio.)

Hope this works for you! If anyone else has advice, please feel free to share it!

1. agnes  |  3 September 2006 at 1:24 AM

thanks a lot! i’ve been checking often. i’ve left my hair super straight this week, and i was eagerly waiting to get your advice. tomorrow is shopping day for supplies and i will let you know how it turns out. thanks again

2. Rahel  |  19 October 2006 at 12:23 PM

Well, why should I style my hair when I just wear a Hijab! It’s just gonna be very weird. I need advice how to put on the hijab in the right way…

3. Rebecca  |  22 November 2006 at 1:59 PM

Thanks so much for putting this up. I’ve been trying to get the “Rory Look” for a while. I’ll try this out. =)

4. lauren  |  31 July 2007 at 12:34 PM

thanks for writing this! i have the “rory” bangs and have wondered how to get those perfect curls. Now I know, and i cant wait to try it out!

5. laura  |  29 February 2008 at 2:32 PM

so excited i found this! i’m off to the salon in about 30 mins to get the cut, and i can’t wait!
    eveyone tells me that i look SO MUCH like her, so i hope it turns out great! i’ll let u know!

6. laura  |  29 February 2008 at 6:08 PM

WEEEEE!! so excited! they look GREAT! a new look for me, but i’m already in love! i guess i look more cute, less pretty, but i havn’t styled them yet!
    ~L~

7. ninabee  |  5 March 2008 at 6:55 PM

How exciting, your hair must look gorgeous! I love Alexis Bledel’s hair.