The lovely and fabulous Annie of Blogdorf Goodman has organized a dedicated day (obviously today!) for bloggers to write about the beauty products that they fell in love with in 2006 — and has so graciously invited us to participate. So I’ve pulled together a list of ten products (listed in no particular order) that I’ve become obsessed with in the past year – though many are not new, just ones that I’ve finally discovered or tried:
1. Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer by Laura Mercier
2. Lash Perfection by MaxFactor
3. Lip Glaze Sticks by Stila
4. Photo Finish Foundation Primer by Smashbox
5. Lavender Mosquito Repellent Towelettes by L’Occitane
6. NouNou Pak by Davines
7. Dual Action Moisturizer by Clean & Clear
8. Shampoos by Bumble & Bumble
9. Baies Candles by Diptyque
10. Perfume Oil by Kai (to be reviewed soon)
Why are these products my favorite finds from 2006? Read more!
1. Improving on the original, this Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer has become a staple in my makeup bag. Gives perfectly sheer coverage with a slight glow, without leaving my skin oily or breaking out.
2. Totally makes my lashes look so long, like no other!!! Lash Perfection has taken its place over LancÃ´me DÃ©finicils as my must-have beauty item. (Shocking, isn’t it?)
3. My latest find, Lip Glaze Sticks are just perfect for me. Gives the moisturization of classic lip glosses, without any of the stickiness or thickness. Plus, they taste and smell yummy!
4. Photo Finish just makes my skin look smoother and gives my makeup staying power. I can’t describe how much of a visible difference it makes, between when I use it and when I don’t.
5. Keeps bugs off and smells good. Do I really need any other reason to love these Lavender Mosquito Repellent Towelettes?
6. Saved my hair from the utter disaster of dryness, brittleness and knots that occured after coloring my hair for the first time this year. NouNou Pak is definitely my monthly go-to hair mask for great conditioning and softening!
7. This moisturizer by Clean & Clear is lightweight, keeping my face moisturized and gives a glow to my skin while battling oiliness and keeps any breakouts at bay. It also travels easily since you can snap close the pump.
8. All shampoos from Bumble & Bumble are truly obsessive. I love the Seaweed Shampoo for everyday, Gentle Shampoo for post-coloring sessions, Sunday Shampoo for once-a-week cleansing and Creme de Coco smells just like the tropics and coconut!
9. Baies candles…fell in love with them at the Diptyque store in San Francisco and just can’t get them out of my mind. I absolutely love these and are always on my wishlist.
10. Kai fragrance is the one product that I haven’t written about yet, but plan to. Therefore, I’ll keep it short and sweet. It reminds of the scent of leis and time spent in Hawai’i, basically transporting me instantly to a comforting, wonderful place without ever getting on a plane.
Plus, don’t miss out on the other great blogs participating! Check all of them out: