SkincareQuick Fix: Rosemary Acne Serum

For those of you who like to shy away from the chemicals and the doctors, Barbara Close has a great DIY formula to help you zap that zit and clear up your skin. The following Rosemary Acne Serum is taken from her book: Pure Skin: Organic Beauty Basics.

1 ounce hazelnut oil
6 drops rosemary verbenone essential oil
5 drops of juniper essential oil
5 drops tea tree essential oil
4 drops lemon essential oil
1 ounce apricot kernel oil
2 ounce glass bottle

Pour hazelnut oil in bottle. Add essential oils, close bottle, and roll between palms to disperse the oils. Top off with apricot kernel oil, close bottle, and agitate a second time.

Cleanse and tone skin. Apply 3 or 4 drops to a cotton pad or finger-tips and wipe over entire face. To plump up the skin, use serum in conjunction with facial massage. Â

Let me know if any of you try this and your results!

1. Loeffler Obsessed  |  30 August 2007 at 6:27 PM

Thank you, this is great! I can’t wait to try it and let you know the results. :-)

2. woopy  |  4 September 2007 at 8:34 AM

Thanks so much for this. I’ve tried already, it seems good but a bit too complicate.

3. Araby  |  21 January 2008 at 6:29 AM

this is great – I’m pregnant so have been looking for a non-chemical acne treatment.

4. jimma  |  28 August 2008 at 4:46 PM

We need to keep after acne prevention & acne cures. Acne control and remission are getting better – usually through combinations diet and medication. This organic formula looks remarkable — can’t wait to try it.

5. Acne  |  2 February 2009 at 9:31 AM

Not really household ingredients, but not impossible to get a hold of. I think i’m going to try it and will report back with my results!

6. ninabee  |  2 February 2009 at 10:24 AM

Thanks, Acne!

7. paula  |  23 April 2009 at 6:47 AM

I tend to get a little dull skin and adult acne, and a Cosmetician suggested I purchase the Made from Earth Rosehip & Hibiscus Face Serum and use it as my daytime facial moisturiser. I could not believe all the things this moisturiser boasted of doing on the packaging, but at $19.99 for a good brand name face product, I couldn’t resist buying it.
    The Made from Earth Rosehip & Hibiscus Face Serum contains rosehip seed oil and Vitamin E which is great in gently removing some of my dead facial skin. The first time I applied this product to my freshly washed face, I did feel a slight tingling feeling and within five minutes of applying the lotion, the tingling went away, and I noticed immediately that my face had a rosy glow and seemed firmer!
    I continued using this Rosehip Made from Earth Serum lotion for the next four weeks, and after the first week I did notice my complexion improving and my neck skin became firmer.
    This is truly a remarkable face serum that I use as moisturiser. If you have acne prone skin, buy this Made from Earth Rosehip Serum. You only need about the size of a dime to cover your face and neck. And for the price with all the vitamins and plant minerals it contains, you cant go wrong. Good luck ladies!

8. Antoony  |  23 May 2010 at 3:40 AM

Not all of the above ingredients are easily found at our home, they are not really home remedies, I must go down the city to buy it. But. because they are natural treatment, I think they are safe for pregnancy acne.