We’ve all been there – after a month of looking through all of the fall fashion magazines and seeing thousands of fabulous looks that cost, well, thousands of dollars, you just want to throw your hands up and forget the whole thing. We feel your pain. So, for the last month, we’ve been scouring the web and every store we could visit (tough work, I know) to find the best bargains under the sun. Today, we’ll be talking fashion finds, but next week, we’ll bring you a list of beauty products. The only rules we gave ourselves were that the pieces had to be fabulous, fashionable, and under $75 (or $25 in the case of the beauty products). So, without further adieu…
– Pashmina: One thing that’s a constant staple in my closet is a gorgeously hued, completely luxurious pashmina. When they’re done right, they work as a wrap for a dressy occasion, a scarf when it’s chilly, and can be thrown over just about any ensemble to make you look instantly chic (not to mention keeping you toasty warm). The problem is that, in order to be this multi-purpose, you need one that’s really high quality cashmere. You want something that’s really lightweight but still warm enough to be worth your whileâ€¦a hard combination to come by in the “frugal” category. But thanks to the lovely folks over at The Pashmina Store, it’s totally do-able. I recently picked up the Moroccan blue 2-ply cashmere version (made of actual pashmina, thank you), and it’s hardly left my side since it arrived. The color looks fabulous with black, denim, white – just about everything, really. It adds punch to an otherwise blah ensemble, and I know it will be keeping me toasty warm when the weather turns cooler this fall.
– Laura James Earrings: Lately, I’ve spent a lot of time looking at indy jewelry designers – not a hard job, as there are so many talented designers out there right now. The problem is always that I seem to fall in love with a piece, only to find out it’s prohibitively expensive. So, you can understand how thrilled I was to stumble across Laura James’ designs. They’re incredibly luxe, creative, and versatile – and best of all, she has all sorts of pieces for under $50! My number one pick is this gorgeous pair of crystal earrings, which you can pick up for a ridiculously reasonable $48. They’re subtle enough for the office, but you could so easily dress these up for a night out. Talk about win-win!
– Michael Stars Scoop Neck Tunic: Michael Stars does cotton better than just about anyone else, but this piece is just about as versatile as it gets. Wear it now with flipflops, and for fall, the options are limitless. Layer a turtleneck underneath, or a swing cardigan over the top, pair it with opaque tights in a fabulously bright color, a chunky heel or a comfy ballerina flat – something tells me this piece will get more wear than just about anything in my closet. At a very budget-conscious $45, this piece is all but impossible to pass up. Plus, the lovely folks over at Revolve Clothing have been kind enough to offer all of you TDO readers an exclusive 15% discount through mid-October. Use code DAILYOBSESSION, and save on everything site-wide!
– Vita Bracelet: I first spied these bracelets at a boutique in Washington DC, and I was instantly smitten. Love the snakeskin look, love the bright colors, love the touch of rocker edge they bring to just about any ensemble. I didn’t pick one up that day, and I regretted it mightily. So, when I saw that Revolve Clothing had them in a huge rainbow of colors, I knew better than to miss my second chance. I’m amazed at the amount of wear this piece has gotten since it arrived – the color goes with darn near anything, and it’s dressy enough for me to pull off at the office as well as on the weekend. Plus, it makes me feel a lot cooler than I actually am, which is always a bonus. Don’t forget to use code DAILYOBSESSION to get 15% off!
– Spitfire Sunglasses: I’ve been craving a new pair of sunnies latelyâ€¦.and, while my heart says Chanel, my wallet says I should be checking out the bargain bin over at Walgreen’s. Fortunately, there’s a middle ground. Check out the darling options from Spitfire over at tobi.com – with more than 20 fashion-forward designs to choose from, you’re sure to find something you love, and at only $35 each, you can afford to pick up a spare (or twoâ€¦).
– American Apparel Deep V T-Shirt: American Apparel does some great basics, though I have to admit to having some issues with the pics on their website bordering dangerously on kiddie porn. That said, I love the cut of these deep-V tees. They have that “I stole my boyfriend’s undershirt” look, while maintaining enough of a figure-hugging silhouette that you can actually wear them beyond your morning Starbucks run. In fact, Mary-Kate Olsen wore one to a red-carpet event! Plus, at $18 each, you can own one in every color.
– Giant Jewels: I absolutely adore everything over at Giant Jewels, but I’m particularly loving the vintage-inspired key necklaces. Every one is handmade from an antique key, so they’re all one-of-a-kind – no danger of walking into the office to see your secretary wearing the same one. The length (26″) is perfect for dressing up even the most basic sweater and jeans, or for a more adventurous pairing: I love the idea of one of these necklaces with a square neckline minidress, color-block tights and a short black leather jacket.
– Fleur’t Boyshorts: When I first saw these cuties, I was temptedâ€¦but my heart belongs to my Hanky Panky thongs, so I hesitated. But, we all need options for those days when thongs are just not at all appealing. So, I gave these a try. Best decision ever. Soft as silk, comfy as cotton, cut just exactly right, and designed to look so sexy that no boy would ever suspect these were your “comfy” undies. $32 may feel like a lot (I know I had trouble at first) but just trust me and try a pair, and you’ll be hooked.