Celebrities, Denim & Jeans, FashionGingerly, one leg at at time

I am currently in the market for new jeans. I’m talking about a total revamp of my denim collection – even if it’s not a very big collection. Most of mine are worn out or frayed at the bottom (despite tailoring), which is an inevitable side effect of being petite. They are totally fine for casual SoCal weekends, but I need more presentable ones for work. Naturally, I’ve been scouring the web for the best pairs – and may have found the perfect pair of wide-legged jeans in the Ginger Jean by 7 For All Mankind (a favorite of jean-wearers everywhere). Indeed, Ginger has found fans in Cameron Diaz (pictured above), Heidi Klum, Liv Tyler and Jessica Alba – just to name a few.

Ahh, but what makes it so special? The Ginger is a wide-leg jean featuring a resin finish, tonal hardware and tonal stitching for a seamless trouser effect. It “sits on the hips and skims the thigh before loosening to create an ultra wide leg opening.” My pick is the Naples wash, which is inspired by the Mediterranean. Thus, the wash is deep navy with a slight sheen, but without any type of distressing or fading. It’s exactly how I like my denim. I think the cut keeps legs looking long and lean, while the wash is incredibly versatile and can take you from day to night easily. Ahh, yes…this pair goes to the top of my denim wishlist. Pick them up for $175 at the 7 For All Mankind website.

Side note: If you have suggestions for denim…please send them my way!!! I’d love to hear what you think are the best pairs – the brand, the wash, the style – to own.

Photo credit: Wireimage, courtesy of 7FAM

1. Brenna  |  24 October 2007 at 7:37 AM

I’m rather petite myself and I am a huge fan of Paige Jeans. The Laurel Canyon in Midnite Rocker with the crease in the legs has been my go-to jean for over a year now – they’re killer.

2. ninabee  |  24 October 2007 at 11:13 AM

Another petite girl here :) My favorite pair of jeans that still look good after major tailoring is 7’s Stretch Bootcut in New York Dark. I also love AG Angel and Kiss jeans. I think Citizen’s Kelly jeans in a dark wash also have a dressier look to them.

3. Jessie  |  24 October 2007 at 2:29 PM

Hi. I am not that petite (5’7″) but citizens always fit great & they have a really cute wide legged style the Faye. I just got mine & I am living in them!
    If you go to :
    They have better prices than the department stores & use this coupon code pd25off, for an extra 25% discount.

4. Haina  |  24 October 2007 at 8:08 PM

You could never go wrong with a pair of Rock and Republics.

5. ninabee  |  25 October 2007 at 1:16 PM

I forgot that I actually also have a recommendation for more affordable jeans–I like American Eagle’s denim collection. Their petite sizes’ inseams are perfect for shorties and they have surprising long-lasting quality!

6. Shopaholic Diana  |  25 October 2007 at 8:53 PM

Citizens has some super cute wide leg jeans this season! I tried them on at Neimans and they fit like a glove.

I like Banana Republic jeans, too.

:) D

7. vicki b  |  26 October 2007 at 12:21 PM

I love the Ginger pant. i have them in black twill and the daytona wash. they have a slightly higher rise than the skinny jeans of past season, too, which elongates this wide-leg silhouette and makes them great on even the most petite girls. Gold Sign also makes a wide leg that is worth trying on. It’s the orchid:

8. thedailyobsession  |  26 October 2007 at 12:53 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it…and they’re certainly going to come in handy with the shopping I’m about to do. :)

9. Beth  |  28 December 2007 at 6:58 PM

I just picked up a pair of jeans from the Limited that are actually fabulous– the Cassidy Fit jeans in a dark wash. I’m petite too, and these fit great and made my legs look soo long. I beleive they were also featured in InStyle as a great-fitting pair. Check ‘em out– they look almost exactly like the Sevens!