Editor’s Note: The lovely Becki from Shopping’s My Cardio asked me to write an article for her blog – and this is it! It’s posted on her site today, and she’s allowed me to cross-post it here for you to read, too! Hope you enjoy.
Bangles are making a comeback! (Were they out? At least for me, they were…but they’re definitely back in for the season, though.) I’m seeing them everywhere – from my favorite little boutiques to big department stores. They are easy and simple to wear, but make a style statement. Here are my tips on how to choose and wear bangles, en vogue:
- Bangles are a fantastic way to inject color into your outfit. Wearing a simple black shift and heels? Slip on a vivid bangle such as this resin version by Lee Angel – and a boring outfit will immediately be brought to life!
- If you’re into no-muss, no-fuss dressing, then more than likely, you feel the same way about your jewelry. No problem! Many designers offer bangle sets such as this bold red set by Blu. You won’t have to think twice about looking fabulous.
- If you are fond of more delicate adornments, I suggest layering 2-3 tiny, thin bangles on a wrist. This is also a great way to find experiment and wear various designers altogether! Try these from Giles & Brother, ginette_ny and Poupette. If you prefer not to search for complementary bangles, you can always buy a set like these by Iosselliani. Either way, they’ll add a subtly elegant touch to your outfit.
- This is also a perfect opportunity test out more artsy looks and venture out of your comfort zone, so take advantage. It’s just on your wrist, so you can wear something unexpected without it taking center stage. This beautiful abstract knotted bangle set by Jennifer Roseis exactly what I mean. You’ll add an instant dose of flair and style!
- Believe it or not, but you can also add pattern to an outfit with bangles as well! J. Crew offers some ideal options every season for this purpose. This enamel bracelet is hand-painted with a giraffe print; the pale yellow and white shades help make it a soft introduction of pattern. Want to pack more of a punch? Get a little more tropical with Kenneth Jay Lane’s fun Colored Zebra Bangles.
- Along the same lines, why not add some texture or sparkle? Glam it up by choosing a bangle with embedded stones. Kenneth Jay Lane offers them in a variety (gray pearls, topaz crystal, etc.) at an affordable price. Alternatively, try this dazzling version by J. Crew. Czech crystals are combined with colored resin cabochons – this just says vintage resort to me!
Do you have any tips to add? We’d love to hear about it!