We all think Rachel Bilson is absolutely adorable. She’s definitely a young Hollywood celeb that has gotten it right – especially when it comes to style. When we saw this photo of her, we immediately wanted to know how to get her hair style. The wispy, undone ponytail with the braided crown…simply gorgeous!
For advice on how to get this look, we turned to Bumble and bumble editorial stylist, Michelle Fiona. Michelle has worked with numerous celebs and models, including Karen Elson, Zooey Deschanel and Maggie Gyllenhal – as well as top media outlets like Allure and Nylon. Her refined, but inventive style is exactly what Rachel Bilson is all about…so here are her fabulous step-by-step tips on how to re-create the look:
1) “This look is all about playing up hair’s natural texture, so make sure it’s in good condition,” says Michelle. Start with conditioning your hair, using a product like the new Crème de Coco Masque to impart healthy shine and luster to hair.
2) Follow with a rough blow dry with hands after spraying Styling Lotion all over the hair. Why do you need it? The light styling spray imparts a bit of control and nourishment without a product heavy feel. Make sure to blow dry with your hands, which allows hair’s natural texture to emerge. “Don’t worry about flyaways, they add to the undone playfulness of the look,” notes Michelle. “This look also works great on second day hair.
4) For finer hair types or those that want to add a bit more texture to hair, spray some Bb. Surf Spray on dry hair to enhance natural wave and volume. If your hair tends to frizz or poof, comb a light styling cream like Bb. Treatment Styling Balm through damp hair with your hands from roots to ends prior to blow drying.
5) For the braid, take a one inch section above the ear and braid, working upward, behind the bangs.
6) Pin on the opposite side of the head behind the ear, covering pins with hair from just above the end of the braid.
7) Pull the rest of the hair into a loose ponytail low on the back of the head.
8) Finish with a flexible hairspray like Bb. Spray de Mode.