Gossip Girl is back – and we seriously couldn’t be happier! Aside from the entertaining drama, we’re always watching for the fashion and beauty, too! Last Monday, we couldn’t stop staring at Blake Lively’s gorgeous updo and decided that we needed to know how to get Serena’s look.
We turned to the fabulous stylist Ricardo Rojas, the founder of Ricardo Rajos Hair Studio, for advice. He’s worked with some of the most notable fashion brands, including: Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Dolce & Gabbana, and more. His list of celebrity clientele? Even more impressive since it includes Liv Tyler, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Heidi Klum, Amber Valetta, Gisele Bündchen, Natasha Bedingfield, and Carmen Kass — to name a few. (He was also Donatella Versace’s personal stylist before opening his own salon.) We thought he’d be the perfect stylist to tell us how to get Blake’s sophisticated, glam style.
“Without a doubt, from the hair to the dress, the entire look is Grecian Goddess with a modern twist,” says Rojas. “Serena’s hair looks very done and polished, yet fun and effortless at the same time.” He’s kindly provided step-by-step instructions and product recommendations, so you can re-create this look at home…just in time for tonight’s new episode!
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Kerestase Nutrive Lumiere Nutri-Sculpt
- Phyto Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray
- Bumble and bumble Does it All Styling Spray
- 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Double strand metallic headband
1. Prepare hair to style. Day-old hair is the best to work with because it holds an up ‘do much better than hair that is freshly washed.
2. Take straightened locks and begin by adding volume and texture. Apply Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray throughout hair to give roots a slight lift and this will also help it to hold the curl.
3. Then, with a medium barrel curling iron (1.5 inches), grab small bunches of hair and curl from root to tip.
4. When all of your hair is curled, make sure the curls hold by spraying a light hold hair spray such as Bumble and Bumble Does it All Styling Spray to set everything and keep curls in tact.
5. Next, gently run fingers through hair to loosen curls a bit – this will allow movement and not leave hair looking overstyled.
6. Finish the preparation process by applying Kerestase Nutrive Lumiere Nutri-Sculpt to smooth any fly-aways and add shine.
7. Tuck hair back in low chignon and loosely bobby pin curls up.
8. Then strategically place a double strand metallic headband and give hair one more spritz of hairspray. Serena’s Grecian Goddess look is now complete!
For more information, visit www.ricardorojashair.com or stop by the NYC salon!