All of the TDO editors adore Isla Fisher. She’s funny, smart and gorgeous. She’s also clearly not afraid to have a little fun with her makeup. Her look, pictured right, highlights her natural beauty, but also is a playful and sexy. We think it’s a fabulous look to take from day to night…and we wanted to know how to get it!
The fabulous makeup artist Farah Reid from Blow, The New York Blow Dry Bar, had the answers for us! “Isla is one of my favorite actresses. Her makeup is one of the more current trends going on,” says Farah. Here, you can see that many peachy shades are utilized and a bit of color is used wisely around the eyes, letting them pop and overall, enhancing her natural coloring. For Farah’s tips, just click behind the cut.
1. Start with a great sheer tinted moisturizer for healthy, glowy skin.
2. Skip the powder, and try using bronzer (as a blush/contour/light powder) instead. Apply at the hollows and apples of the cheeks, and at the temples and around the jaw line.
3. To get the eyes, smooth a very shimmery silver shadow across the lids, and a soft peach just below the brow bone. Apply eyeliner and the outer corners of each top lash line, then smudge with a sponge tip applicator to blend.
4. On the eyebrows, brush in a light amount of eyebrow shadow just to fill in the gaps and add little definition.
5. Curl your lashes, and apply a liberal amount of black mascara. Then use an eyelash separator to define them.
6. Line the lips with a peach/coral pencil, then softly blend in the line by using your lip brush. Top it off with long lasting rich lip gloss, evenly applied. (Make sure that that the gloss is not frosty!)