We’ve been seeing Kate Hudson in the media everywhere lately for her most recent film and so naturally, we’ve been tracking her fashion and beauty choices as well. At an event last month, she pumped up the volume with glam waves and we thought that it was such an effortless and accessible look that we wanted to know how to get it for ourselves.
We asked Jeannine Brousseau, a stylist at the new Sally Hershberger Salon in Los Angeles, to help us out. “Kate has modern classic beauty in this playful 80′s inspired look,” says Jeannine. “This look can be accomplished surprisingly fast for that quick change using a curling iron or hot rollers.” Liz kindly has put together instructions on how you can get this effortlessly chic look, so make sure to check it out below!
1. If starting on dry hair begin with Sally Hershberger Brilliant Hair Spray and then apply Star Shine to ensure movement and shine. When beginning after shampoo, start with Sally Hershberger Style Primer and follow with the above step.
2. Section hair at top of head to behind the ears. There will be three sections: the fringe, the temples and the ear area.
3. The fringe rolls forward, the temples back, and the ear area forward. This alternating placement creates the wave pattern. This alternating placement can be used when wet with a round brush and blow dryer, or with a curling iron or hot rollers when dry. For a sweeping side bang, begin directing back, then roll forward, and then back again.
4. Proceed randomly until the remaining sections are finished.
5. If more curl is desired, use a curling iron to define.
6. Finish with Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax for added texture.