Accessories, Fashion, Jewelry, ShoesEditor’s Closet: March 2009

ONE. Emily Elizabeth Jewelry Five Times Guilded Necklace — This necklace from Emily Elizabeth is simple in design, yet the delicately linked circles definitely catch your eye. What I love most about this necklace is that it moves with me as I wear it, so the circles hang differently throughout my day. The Five Times Guilded Necklace is versatile enough to be worn to work and to happy hour right after. I like pairing it with a simple white tank so it really pops when I’m out to dinner or drinks.

TWO. Magnes Sisters Mr. Big Bag — I first discovered Magnes Sisters about a year ago, thanks to a post on TDO. Since then, I’ve been obsessed with this brand and its ever expanding collection of handbags (all made in NYC!). My latest obsession is the Mr. Big in Indigo. It can be worn over your shoulder using the attached strap, with the bag folded over, or carried in hand using the sturdy handles. I love that it’s roomy enough to hold my everyday essentials and the patent leather really dresses up my outfit of the day. The deep blue Indigo leather is so gorgeous and offset with brown leather trim. The bag itself is so unique looking and I always get compliments. You can find Magnes Sisters at Verve Accessories at 353 Bleecker St.

THREE. Converse All Star Slips — These cute Converse slips have quickly become my everyday shoes. I think Chuck Taylors are a bit too hipster for me, but this laceless version is just the right blend of cute and casual. They’re super comfortable and slip right on and off your feet. They look cute with jeans, with or without socks, and I’ve been wearing them as I shop for groceries or go to the movies. For me, they’re perfect as a transition to wearing flip-flops all the time again once the weather allows. I ordered them from Zappos for only $50 and they came the very next day! There are a ton of colors available, though I chose navy. I do have a sizing tip for you though – I found these to run a full size larger than marked, so do keep that in mind if you have to exchange them.

FOUR. Puella Smocked High Waist Skirt — I’ve been trying to wear prints more to change up my wardrobe a bit, so this skirt from Puella was perfect. The bright colors are just right for the spring and summer seasons, and the print itself is so pretty. The skirt is really soft and comfy and can easily be dressed up or down with the right top. I also love that it has pockets that don’t add any bulk to the shape of the skirt. I just can’t wait till the weather warms up so I can start wearing it more.

FIVE. Porridge Strapless Dress — This dress from Porridge by Laura Stang is my ideal for the spring and summer. I love the pretty blue, orange, and white print, and the detail of the rope tie at the waist. Another plus is that all Porridge pieces are made right here in the USA and are great quality. During the one 70 degree day that we had in Chicago 2 weeks ago, I was able to break this one out. I tossed on a white wrap that I picked up from Gap, slipped into some wedges, and grabbed my sunglasses for a lovely time enjoying some drinks on the balcony with some friends. I can’t wait for the summer and to wear this with some flip-flops or flat sandals for a cute, casual look!

1. Carolyn  |  22 March 2009 at 8:13 PM

is that the view from the marriage apartment? I love (almost as much as 330)

2. nar  |  23 March 2009 at 7:19 AM

those all star slips are adorable… gonna have to order a pair myself!

3. Kathleen  |  23 March 2009 at 7:59 AM

cute!! i love the porridge slip dress!

4. Mika  |  23 March 2009 at 8:39 AM

Love the magnes sisters handbags! all made in NY great prices and great design.
    I see them all over the city.

5. marieke  |  23 March 2009 at 8:49 AM

I love my Magnes Sister’s bag! Beautiful materials, colors, lines, even the inside is amazing and “laid out” in a very practical way. Get compliments on it all the time. Can’t wait for the new line to come out….

6. Ru Raveh  |  23 March 2009 at 9:15 AM

I own a couple of Magnes Sisters bags. Love them! I get compliments wherever I go. The clutches from their last collection are out of this world….

7. Amanda  |  23 March 2009 at 10:24 AM

I lovelovelove those cute slip-on shoes. I may need to pick those up instead of my usual Chucks soon- my Chucks are sadly breathing their last. The skirt is very adorable as well- too bad I didn’t see it on their online store.

~Amanda

8. vicky  |  23 March 2009 at 12:28 PM

These bags are wicked!!!

Can I get ‘em online? Not all of us live in New-York ;-)

9. The Daily Obsession  |  23 March 2009 at 1:07 PM

You look so cute! I love the versatility of the bag (no idea it could flip over until I saw the photo of you carrying it).

10. Nina  |  23 March 2009 at 4:29 PM

Carolyn – yes! That’s the view from the balcony. You can kinda see the Sears Tower above my head :) And it is NOT marriage apartment. Hehehe.

Nar, you’ll love them! They are super cute.

Thanks, Kathleen! I love the print and colors.

Hi Mika, Marieke, and Ru, I totally agree. I lovelovelove Magnes Sisters and I own a Dry Martini clutch as well.

Amanda, let me know if you get the slips! They are so comfy. Did you find the regular Chucks to run large? My slips were 1 size larger, strangely. Also, I emailed Puella about the skirt and it should be on the site by the end of the month if you are still interested :)

Vicky, I picked up my last few Magnes Sisters bags at a discount online, actually! I bought them at ideeli.com, but if you visit the Magnes Sisters site, they have a list of retailers. Hopefully one is near you, but I found the Mr. Big bag online at coolil.com and thefashionplate.com. Hope that helps!

Thanks, C! I have you to thank for introducing me to the brand a year ago :)

11. Dana  |  5 April 2009 at 2:08 AM

I love that necklace! Which metal is yours?

12. Nina  |  9 April 2009 at 1:17 PM

Hi Dana! Thanks, it’s yellow gold matte, but honestly looks great in any metal variety.