We simply adore Reese Witherspoon and think she’s totally gorgeous. We also think she’s been making more smart, but bold fashion choices lately. We particularly liked her fashion-forward Rodarte dress at a recent premiere and thought her makeup complimented the choice appropriately.
We wondered how to get a similar naturally gorgeous look and asked celebrity makeup artist Melissa Walsh to help us out! “Reese’s look is natural with a modern twist,” says Melissa. “The matte pink lips rather than the usual neutral shade update a classic and give it a new fresh feel.” To get the look, follow Melissa’s instructions behind the cut.
1) Start with a light base of a glowy tinted moisturizer such as Jouer Luminizing Tint and conceal any areas that need extra help. Then brighten under the eyes with a product especially formulated for the job like Smashbox Photo Op. Next, dust a very fine milled translucent powder all over the face to eliminate shine but still keep an ethereal quality to the skin.
3) On the eyes, start with a light camel colored semi matte shadow all over the lid (Urban Decay has a great selection), deepen the crease with a slightly darker brown shade, but be careful not to be heavy handed. Blend well.
4) Define the lash line with a liquid eyeliner pen. (Melissa likes Hourglass Calligraphy in Ebony.) Shade under the lower lash lines with a light brown pencil; Cargo Eye Pencil in Wood is a good shade. Two coats of volumizing mascara finishes the eyes and adds extra depth.
5) Fill in your eyebrows lightly with a color that is as close as possible to your natural shade. Melissa uses Tarte Toolbox, which has a combo of brow gel and wax, to keep them in place!
6) The cheeks are a bronzey shade, which you can do double duty with your usual bronzer by shading under the cheekbones and topping with a slight shimmer on the apples.
7) The lips can be achieved by using some lip balm, followed by a lip pencil in a light pink shade. Josie Maran Lip Liner in Blush is a good choice to keep the look matte and long lasting.