Like it? I was in a hurry to get to the Farmer’s Market before they ran out of fish (so glamorous, I know) so I reached for these little gems. I was so pleased with the results I had to share. Follow the steps on the jump for product info, and stay tuned for a future post that uses green makeup alternatives to get the same look!
1) Gently pat concealer on a freshly moisturized face to brighten up areas around the eyes and even any redness, i.e. tone around your nose. I used Napoleon Perdis Concealer, $18, but you can use any concealer that offers nice, full coverage.
2) Line eyes with a white pencil (most any will do), being sure to cover the “water line” or inner eye lid. I also blended a bit from the upper lash line to the crease to get a brightening effect with Shu Uemura eye light pencil white, $18. (Tip: Dab your inner eye corners and blend out for even more brightening.)
3) Fatten up those lashes! My latest obsession is super fun to use and super effective on my short, straight (er, Asian) lashes: Lancôme Ôscillation Mascara in Black, $34.
4) My fave lip formula of the moment: Line lips and fill in with CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain in Berry Smooch, $7.99. Then top with Lancome Juicy Tubes Pure in Wild Berry, $18, which not only comes in recycled packaging but tastes SO much better than their original, perfume-y formula.
5) Buff some Clinique Quick Blush in Minute Mocha, $21.50, on your cheeks until you get a nice healthy glow. (FYI, the applicator takes a little getting used to but once you do, it’s very fast and great on the go.)
6) If desired (and if you can spare 10 more seconds), sweep a feather-light layer of shimmering bronzer over the whole face. I used Bobbi Brown’s latest Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Bali Brown, $33, for a subtle, gold-flecked “touch of sun.”
P.S. I had my brows tinted at a Benefit Cosmetics Brow Bar to save time filling in my eyebrows with brown eyeshadow. A tint lasts 3-4 weeks and is surprisingly affordable at just under $20! (Call your local Benefit for pricing as it may vary.)