There are just scents that we will forever identify with summer – from salty sea air to suntan oil. And just because the summer months are winding down shortly doesn’t mean you can’t continue to enjoy it! We came up a list of scents that will totally transport you instantly to the beach and ocean – and simply, what we think embodies summer:
1) Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess – This is undeniably a sexy summer scent. We reviewed it last year, but we just had to put it on the list again this year. It’s an intoxicating mix of coconut and florals that you’ll want to spritz on again and again.
2) Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri – This smells like citrus in the lightest, breeziest and most seductive way – just like you imagine it would in Italy. It’s like you’ve been transported there for a luxurious month-long getaway on a yacht. This one makes us feel glam from dawn til dusk.
3) Carol’s Daughter Ocean Breeze – Bright and fruity, this scent will remind you of watermelon and cucumber – two classic summery scents. It comes in all forms – from body butter to bath oil – but our favorite is the fragrance because it’s quite affordable at only $27.
4) Burn Voyage Beach Glow – This candle smells predominantly like coconut with a subtle mix of florals and vanilla. Burn it at night after a day at the beach – making the beachy mood last just a bit longer.
5) Lush Ocean Salt Cleanser – This is exactly what you’d imagine your skin would smell like after a day at the beach – except better. This salty scrub has the texture of sand, but comes in a whipped white and blue hue instead. It has vodka margarita in it – so you could think of it as enjoying a sort of cocktail after the beach.
6) Ron Robinson’s APOTHIA Wave – This is a diffuser that when opened, brings a burst of fresh ocean air into your home – like a mix of salty air and seagrass. (Think Martha’s Vineyard or Cape Cod.) It’s perfect if you’re looking for a subtle scent of ocean.
7) Dior Escale à Portofino – Developed as part of Dior’s cruise/ travel fragrance collection, this floral cologne is meant to remind you of the Riviera. Once spritzed, you smell sweet orange blossom; overall, it’s light and lovely to wear anytime – whether it’s breakfast at a cafe or an evening walk in a tiny coastal town.
8) Kai Fragrance – Kai is one of our all-time favorite scents. Whether you get it as a perfume oil or body mist, this is a fragrance that elicits a favorable response from just about anyone. Clearly floral, it’s strongest note is gardenia; it makes you feel like you’ve just been to Hawaii or at least Malibu. We’re just sayin’…it’s that good!
What are some of your favorite summer scents? Please do share!