Inspired by the “Cool Sheik” look of Narciso Rodriguez’s SS10 pieces, makeup artist/ Shiseido’s Artistic Director, Dick Page, created a “reverse makeup” look. The models bore makeup that was slightly “dirty” and smudged. Here’s how to get the look + more photos:
1) Keep skin natural, using light foundation where needed.
2) Apply makeup remover around the eyes with a fluffy brush to give a wet base and slightly glossy effect around the eyes.
3) Blend Squirrel (BR303) and Cavern (BR708) Luminizing Satin Eye Colors together. Apply the combination of shadows around the eyes (on top and bottom), right into the lashlines.
4) Use the same combo color on the lids to create “dirty looking eyes.” Skip mascara and liner.
5) Create a matte lip. Dick Page used two shades from the new Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte line, Whisper (RD722) and Wink (BR323) – both available Spring 2010. Combine to create a flat mauve color for “smudgy lips.”
Photos courtesy of Shiseido