IntimatesThe Lacie by Victoria’s Secret

My underwear collection has certainly outgrown the small top drawer in my bureau, and now dominates a larger, deeper drawer normally used by sweater, jeans, and bulky clothing. Yes, I have an addiction and find myself “needing” a new pair or two just about every time I indulge in retail therapy.

Within the past year or two, Hanky Panky seems to be the undergarment of choice, with their lacy, feminine design and with their “one size fits most” claim, they go with everything and fit nearly everyone. Well, Hanky Panky literally had my panties in a bunch, as they do not fit me! For someone who is of fairly average height and build, the saleswomen and I were baffled why they don”t working for me.

Lucky for me, I wandered into Victoria’s Secret on Newbury Street and discovered their new underwear, The Lacie. The Lacie looks just like Hanky Panky lingerie, is “one size fits all” and comes in over thirty colors. When individually bought, The Lacie is $16, slightly cheaper than Hanky Panky; however, when bought in multiples of three, The Lacie is $8.33! Crossing my fingers, I bought three pairs in jubilee, bright blue, and crisp mint. One word: fantastic. Not only does it come in every color under the rainbow, but they’re super soft and seamless. These are undoubtedly some of the best “affordable” underwear I’ve bought. Hanky Panky wearers are sure to convert, and other undie-junkies are bound to get hooked!

1. Georgie  |  5 November 2009 at 4:58 AM

I definitely just bought 11 of these!! I’ve never tried them, but as soon as I checked them out on the Victoria’s Secret website I was like “I muuustttt have these!!!”.

Thanks for the heads up on these!

2. Rachel  |  5 November 2009 at 5:25 AM

can you tell me how the fit is different than hanky panky? they look fab! thx!

3. Laura  |  5 November 2009 at 5:56 AM

It looks like its a bit of a higher rise than the Hanky Panky (I have 2 of them, love it but don’t wear it much), but I haven’t had the time to try the Lacie just yet.

4. Julie Q  |  5 November 2009 at 6:19 AM

Good timing for this post! I just got a ‘free pantie’ VS Coup in the mail- so buying some of these won’t get evil eyes for cashier instead of just cashing in on the free one :)

5. Sara  |  5 November 2009 at 6:20 AM

Yes Laura, I think that’s a good way to describe the difference. The Hanky Panky was a lower rise, but still had the extra fabric which would always gather in my crotch! I don’t have what I’d call an abnormal body (5’6″, 130/135lbs), so I’m surprised I haven’t heard other people having problems!

6. Rachel  |  5 November 2009 at 7:46 AM

thanks, guys! i’m def going to buy some today! just wanted to make sure they would fit my curvy hips :)

7. Faye  |  5 November 2009 at 10:23 AM

hehe I am so like you, can not resist a new pair of knickers! These are really gorgeous, I dont know how I would choose between all the different pretty colours!

8. Lara  |  5 November 2009 at 7:25 PM

ahh so excited about these! hanky panky dupes are hard to find. ps – i’m originally from boston and very jealous of your newbury street trip :)

9. Maria  |  9 November 2009 at 6:43 AM

OMG I thought I was the only one who couldnt wear Hanky Panky! They didn’t fit me, I got a massive wedgie from them!!!! I like VS but I find they fall apart really easily.

10. Sara  |  9 November 2009 at 1:15 PM

Maria- I, too, got a massive back AND front wedgie from them! I’ve had mine for a while now and wear them all the time; so far, so good!

11. Feelliicciiaa  |  22 July 2012 at 12:39 PM

I used to swear by The Lacie. Lately the last few I bought have fallen apart. Extremely quickly. I’m very disappointed as the have risen in price, but declined in quality. Have any other Lacie users noticed a difference?