I have to admit, when I think of coral colors, I think of outdated, chalky, bright orange makeup. Not too pretty, right? Well, Bobbi Brown is out to change that misconception of corals with her new Cabana Corals collection. “This spring, there is a beautiful selection of coral shades perfect for lips and cheeks. The shade range spans from fresh new Pink Corals to universal Nude Corals to true Coral shades–every woman can find the coral shade that’s right for her,” Bobbi says. BB sent over some samples of the new shades, and after previewing these, I think Bobbi is absolutely right. The collection presents a wide range of juicy, fresh colors that offer a new spin on coral.
The collection consists of:
- Shimmer Bricks in Nectar and Pink Quartz: Yes, the Shimmer Brick that everyone loves is now available in 2 coral shades. While the Nectar compact offers a more traditional coral color, I tried a preview sample of Pink Quartz. Although I already have the classic Bronze Shimmer Brick, I loved Pink Quartz! It gives a soft pink glow to your cheeks, but has a warm coral tinge.
- Pot Rouge in Cabo Coral and Calypso Coral: The Pot Rouge is a cream-based stain for lips and cheeks, and Cabo Coral is a pink nectar shade. It has a dustier, more neutral tone than Calypso Coral, which is brighter.
- Shimmer Lip Gloss in Sunset Beach, Coral Sand, and Golden Nectar: These are all coral shades that have a bit of peachy golden tones to them due to the subtle shimmer in the formula. I tried Coral Sand, described as a “golden peach.” It’s really fresh and pretty!
- Metallic Lip Color in Coral Reef, Coral Glaze, and Calypso Glaze: The “metallic” is more like a shimmer, and I tried Coral Reef, a limited edition medium pink coral. At first glance, I thought it may be too much for my yellow-toned skin, but it was more of a medium coverage peachy pink when applied.
- Lip Color in Cabo Coral and Guava: As opposed to the Metallic Lip Colors, these are more full-coverage and pigmented.
Check out bobbibrowncosmetics.com and see if these corals could be right for you! I’m looking forward to spring with these new shades.