The absolute best week for Chicago foodies just kicked off today–it’s Chicago Restaurant Week! Starting today through the 28th, you can have a 3-course lunch for only $22 and a 3-course dinner for only $32 at over 170 participating restaurants in Chicago (all prix fixe). This is quite the deal for a 3-course meal, especially at some of Chicago’s top restaurants. I’m so excited to see that some of my favorite restaurants are participating and I’ve got some great recommendations for you:
- Blackbird counts Anthony Bourdain as one of its biggest fans and offers amazing contemporary dishes from executive chef Paul Kahan, a James Beard nominee and winner.
- Definitely check out Perennial, named one of Travel & Leisure’s Top 50 New Restaurants in America. Their most delicious black truffle gnocchi appetizer is available for Restaurant Week!
- I’ve had the best tapas and even a whole roast pig at Mercat a la Planxa, and they are participating with a special lunch menu.
- Through Top Chef Masters, the rest of the country discovered the talent of Chicago’s Rick Bayless. His Frontera Grill and Topolobampo restaurants will have special lunch menus.
- The Chicago location of Miami’s famous Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab will have those delicious stone crab claws on the menu for Restaurant Week.
Visit eatitupchicago.com for a complete list of participating restaurants, as well as featured recipes from some of the restaurants so you can make the deliciousness at home! You can make reservations very easily online at opentable.com. Enjoy, and eat it up!