Fashion, IntimatesLose It With Lytess

I’m sure you’ve read or heard about a lot of shapewear on the market right now that claims to help you lose inches on those pesky problem areas on your body. I was never really a believer until Lytess contacted me to give their Slimming Corrective Belt a trial run. No matter how much I work out, I’ve always got some problem areas that are particularly stubborn–namely, my waist and hips. The Lytess Slimming Corrective Belt contains a unique blend of caffeine and shea butter, and is supposed to target just that. I was more than willing to give it a shot!

Studies have shown that wearing the Corrective Belt for 21 days (8 hours a day, 6 days a week) can help you lose up to 1.5 inches off your hips and 1 inch off your waist. Knowing this, I tried to commit myself to wearing it all day at work (which is tough since I am a notoriously forgetful person) for 3 weeks straight. I ate as healthily as I could and kept up a regular workout schedule, though there were some days that I couldn’t drag myself to the gym. And there were definitely some weekends when I forgot to wear it under my sweatpants while I lounged around at home. But at the end of my 3 weeks, I had lost about half an inch off my waist according to the tape measure. I was surprised to find I had some measure of success despite my inconsistencies.

Since summer is going to be soon upon us, I’m determined to give it another go with the Lytess Corrective Belt. Hopefully, I’ll continue to lose more inches! The Lytess Corrective Belt retails for $40-45 on blissworld.com.

1. kristina  |  10 May 2010 at 7:00 AM

I’m confused. How do you know the belt is helping you lose inches if you were eating healthier and exercising more? Would it help you lose inches if you don’t change your diet and exercise habits?

2. Nina  |  10 May 2010 at 7:54 AM

Hey Kristina, I was exercising about the same amount that I usually do (which is fairly regularly). I usually eat pretty healthy as well. I didn’t feel like just because I was wearing the Belt that I could eat whatever I wanted or not exercise at all, so I wanted to make it clear that my lifestyle habits weren’t too bad to begin with.

I don’t lose inches off my waist or hips AT ALL no matter how much I work out–only in my upper arms and inner thigh areas. I think the Lytess Corrective Belt helped me target my problem areas. I wouldn’t have lost anything off my waist otherwise.

3. kristina  |  10 May 2010 at 8:54 AM

Thanks for clearing that up! I’m having difficulty losing my belly after my last baby and I think I need to go beyond Slimfast and my treadmill(especially since summer is coming and I can’t hide behind sweaters anymore). Since “me time” for exercising and whatnot is limited I needed to make sure I could just add this without doing much else.

4. Nina  |  10 May 2010 at 9:20 AM

No problem! I’m glad you asked so I could clarify. I definitely have trouble with my belly too, but I don’t think the Lytess helped with that too much. I didn’t measure, so I can’t be sure, but the only thing I did measure was my waist and that did get smaller.

5. Rubeenah  |  21 August 2010 at 12:53 PM

my baby is 5 month now n she is my first one…..I have got a big belly with this pregnancy….Can Lytess help me lose my belly???

6. Charlotte  |  27 December 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hi, I would like to find out if it helps with the belly area? And also I’ve work Spanx before, and that does help make the waist and belly look slimmer. And smooths everything out, does lytess do that as well as reducing inches? And does it work as normal shapewear? How powerful do you think it is really?
    I know it says that the above comments were posted in 2010 but I came across your website. And it seems impartial to the lytess company so I really would like some advice if you could help?

Also, doesn’t the belt roll down and don’t they have long pants that slim the belly and waist and hips? It looks like it might roll down or up….depending.
    If you could let me know your experience, thanks.

7. Charlotte  |  27 December 2012 at 11:46 PM

Also I would like to add that I am from the UK and just wondering, since the times above states I submitted this at 11:44pm, to clarify I submitted it at 4:44pm ^^^^^
    And this one at 4:46pm

8. gianna  |  6 April 2013 at 1:45 PM

i want to know is it possible tu use the belt until sleep