Beauty, MakeupBobbi Brown’s Secret of the Universe

Yesterday I attended a Bobbi Brown event where I got to see first hand what she meant when she stated “all women are pretty without makeup- but with the right makeup can be pretty powerful.”

Bobbi  Brown has just relaunched her popular concealer and corrector- now with an improved formulation and a wider range of shades.  According to Bobbi Brown, using the right concealer and corrector is her “Secret of the Universe.”  I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t really use concealer- not because I don’t have any but because I didn’t know how to apply it correctly to see a big difference.

What I didn’t know was that the Bobbi Brown team had a photographer on hand to take our own “Pretty Powerful” before/after shots.  As you can see by my lack of makeup and casual ponytail, I had no idea I was in for a photoshoot!

When we sat down for the event, we got a quick overview of how to apply the product: use the corrector first on dark circles to adjust the coloring and then use the concealer over the product to even out skin tone and pat the powder over to set.  Apply the product with Bobbi’s brush or with your fingertip from the inside corner of your eye and blend out. Sound simple?  It is!

After the short presentation, we actually got to try on the product ourselves. A Bobbi Brown makeup artist applied the concealer/corrector dual under my eyes and around my nose to even out the red and then used an amazing new foundation/moisturizer product that Bobbi is launching in April all over.    She also applied a clear pink lip gloss and a few sweeps of a pink blush, used a liner, mascara and voila!  Crazy huh?  I look just as natural and like myself in my after shot as my before – but just so much better and years younger!  I love how naturally it covered up all my dark spots and my freckle.  The whole process took just 20 minutes and is something I could easily recreate at home every day.

Isn’t that cool?  Check out Bobbi Brown’s new Concealer Corrector Duo and stay tuned to learn about the miracle foundation product Bobbi is launching in April.

1. kristina  |  11 March 2011 at 6:49 AM

Before I read the post I wondered if it was supposed to be a before and after. I thought, “She looks about the same. She looks good without makeup. I hate her.” :) Absolutely gorgeous my dear!

2. Carolyn  |  11 March 2011 at 7:50 AM

You’re so sweet!! Thank you, m’dear :)

3. Laura  |  12 March 2011 at 6:56 AM

Wow Carolyn, you have amazing skin (in the before picture)!

4. Happy Girl  |  13 March 2011 at 10:39 AM

When I saw the photo I thought why do these make up companies always pick gorgeous models instead of real people for these before & after shots. I didn’t realize it was you. You look amazing with and without the Bobbi Brown products. Great review!

5. Carolyn  |  13 March 2011 at 11:35 AM

thanks ladies! you guys are all so sweet!! xx

6. Avery Bleu  |  13 March 2011 at 4:06 PM

Wow, it looks great! I am always looking for a great concealer. Thanks for sharing.

7. yvette  |  13 March 2011 at 5:29 PM

you look wonderful! amazing how a little eyebrow emphasis really makes a difference.

8. ninabee  |  14 March 2011 at 7:06 AM

you look so gorge! i totally want that concealer/corrector duo now :)

9. Darlene Kelly  |  15 March 2011 at 5:41 AM

I agree with Kristina and Laura. You look as great in the before picture as the after picture! The after picture is just a little brighter. Looks totally natural! I’m going to buy it today. Now, I cant wait for the moisturizer/foundation to come out.

10. Carolyn  |  17 March 2011 at 6:20 AM

Darlene- I can’t wait for the foundation either! I don’t even know what it’s called at this point (they just put some sample from a bottle on our faces) but I’ll let you know as soon as it comes out!

11. Stacey  |  17 March 2011 at 12:26 PM

Amazing! What I would do to have my make-up professionally applied!