The New Year’s of Fashion is almost upon us, also known as Fashion’s Night Out! Let the champagne, tiny bites, and retail dollars flow as we put together a compilation of the best must-visit events for Thursday, September 8th. The sweet 16 below:
1. Bergdorf Goodman – 745 Fifth Avenue – The fun starts as early at 3 on the beauty floor with beauty experts and free services from Bobbi Brown, Chanel, and YSL. Stick around till 5:30 and meet the man, the legend, Oscar de la Renta as he signs his limited edition Le Metier de Beaute palette (we loved last year’s collaboration with Marchesa, so this one is gauranteed to be fabulous too.) At 7, make your way to the third floor for the Best in Show canine and designer catwalk competition judged by guest judges such as Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa, Monique Lhullier, and Tina Craig of BagSnob. At 8, pick up Jason Wu’s limited-edition FNO doll and get it signed!
2. Bloomingdale’s – 1000 Third Avenue – The standout here is the BANANAS Rachel Zoe, who arrives on the scene at 6:30 to launch her ready-to-wear, shoe, and handbag collections. When you purchase something from the collection, you receive a Rachel Zoe makeup bag. Also, visit Clinique for Milly designer, Michelle Smith, step into the photo-booth and get a Clinique goody bag with every purchase of $25 or more.
3. Coach – 595 Madison Avenue. Seth Myers. Need I say more? How about Kelly Framel of The Glamourai and The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine? They’re all on hand to celebrate the re-issue of Coach’s celebrated Coach Duffle Sac.
4. Kiehl’s – Do you know who AJ McLean is? Don’t lie–I know you (or at least your teenage self) does! Was it always your dream to sing with a Backstreet Boy? Venture over to their flagship store and celebrate your inner 10 year old with a karoake contest and carnival.
5. Macy’s – 151 West 34th. Coco Rocha and the Karl Lagerfeld collection for Macy’s starts at 6, and then from 6-8 are the unique duo Rachel Roy and Amar’e Stoudmire. They’re paired for their collaboration of Rachel Rachel Roy. For every $50 spent, guests can play a few shots with Stoudmire. From 7-8, meet model Karolina Kurkova and Vogue Nippon editor, Anna Dello Russo, Kelly Rowland, and a live performance by Joss Stone. For Pretty Little Liars fans, Shay Mitchell who plays Emily will be on the Juniors floor.
6. Manolo Blahnik – 31 West 54th. Manolo Blahnik and Sarah Jessica Parker will be on hand to launch a shoe she specially designed. A van will drive around the city, giving out Manolo’s (and my) favorite drink: milkshakes! Locations for the truck: 1. 42nd Street and Broadway from 12:00pm to 1:30pm 2. Washington Street and West 13th Street from 2:30pm to 3:15pm 3. Prince Street and West Broadway from 3:45pm to 4:00pm 4. 58th Street and 5th Avenue from 5:15pm to 6:00pm 5. Manolo Blahnik, 31 West 54th Street from 6:15pm to 9:00pm
7. Versace – 647 Fifth Avenue. An invitation-only fashion event featuring Drake (!!–my roommate is dying right now) where you can tell him you know the square root of 69.
8. Victoria’s Secret – 591-593 Broadway. If you dare, take a photo with VS angels, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton and Lily Aldridge from 7-10 PM, while getting a fall makeup and fragrance makeover. Every $60 purchase gets a limited edition Victoria’s Secret tee.
9. Belle by Sigerson Morrison – 28 Prince St. Relive your college days, glam-style with a house party from 6-10 PM featuring a in-house DJ, kegs (stands not included), munchies, and an in-house tattoo artist.
10. Dash – 119 Spring St. Reality TV franchises unite as the Kardashians meet the Jersey Shore. Purportedly, TMZ reports that as a wedding present to Kim, DJ Pauly D agreed to DJ at the store for free.
11. Alexander McQueen – 417 West 14th St. In a move out of Pottermore, McQueen is releasing a limited number of FNO keys. You can obtain one for registering on their site. Enter in the code online and see if you’ve won a McQueen Folk Tote. There’s also a limited-edition Skull keyring for sale.
12. Chanel – 139 Spring St. Get a mini manicure in Les Jeans De Chanel, the blue-hued collection created exclusively by Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup. The shades look like a must-have from early preview pics!
13. Alexis Bittar – 465 Broome St. Join Lucy Sykes, Contributing Fashion Director at Rent the Runway, Selby Drummond, Senior Accesories Editor at Vogue, and Barbie and enjoy cocktails of course. Available for purchase: a limited edition FNO bracelet, co-designed with the Selby.
14. Christian Louboutin will be celebrating in LA, Dallas, and NYC (59 Horatio St.) Each boutique will become vintage hair parlors, with hairstyling from Fekkai and special Makeup For Ever customized Louboutin lashes (we can only imagine what those look like–black on top, red underlash?) There will also be two exclusive styles for sale and Grey Goose cocktails.
15. Essie – Bleecker St. and West 11th. At Teen Vogue’s block party, free manicures and custom nail art designed by Beauty Director, Eva Chen and celebrity manicurist, Elle Gernstein.
16. Journelle - 125 Mercer St. Our favorite lingerie store hosts cocktails, munchies, and a trunk show for the Fall/Winter 2011 collections with the designers of La Fee Verte, Kriss Soonik, and Bazsarozsa. Be one of the first 50 to arrive and get a gift bag from Chantelle, Commando, Eberjey, Elle MacPherson, and Tocca. Space is limited, so RSVP at email@example.com.
Check out the Fashion’s Night Out site to confirm details and search for more. Are there any I missed that you can’t wait to check out? Let me know!