As I may have mentioned here before, lately I’ve been super into nail polish. I mean, I always liked it and bought a few bottles now and then, but sometime in the past year or so, that’s transformed into me obsessively buying entire collections and changing my nail polish at least once a week. It’s fun! I really haven’t narrowed myself down to any one color family either. Even greens, which I always thought I hated, have been appealing to me in certain shades. And if you asked who has made a lot of my favorite colors lately, Deborah Lippmann would be at the top of the list. Her fall and winter shades are absolutely stunning. I could seriously rave about them all, but I’ll try and restrain myself and pick a few favorites.
- Stormy Weather – Described as an “edgy granite,” this creme is a collaboration with Narciso Rodriguez and was a smash hit at Fashion Week’s Fall 2011 shows. It’s classic and modern and right on trend for the colder weather.
- Brick House – Orange has never been my favorite color family, but this shimmering rust shade is a deeper, more sophisticated version of it and I’m obsessed. It’s bold, but not so bright you couldn’t wear it to work, and it looks fabulous against my pale skin. This was probably the most unexpected shade that I’ve fallen in love with recently and I’m so glad I gave it a shot.
- Billionaire – This hunter green creme looks almost black in certain light, but then it’ll shift and you’ll see the most gorgeous warm, dark shade. It’s a nice alternative to your standard dark shades of berry or wine, and I especially like it on short nails.
- Good Girl Gone Bad – Speaking of berries… This one is a dark cabernet with gold shimmer in it and super, super pretty. The shimmer is more subtle than if it was a full-on glitter polish, but it’s still sparkly and perfect for nighttime. I’d gotten a little burned out on berry shades and this one reignited my love for them in a big way.
- I Love the NightLife – Deborah is known for her glitters and there are several in her new holiday collection. I Love the Nightlife is the only one I’ve tried so far and it just screams “party” to me. It’s a clear base filled with large particles of graphite glitter that’s perfect for layering over other dark shades (like Stormy Weather). I’m all about the glitter once the holiday parties roll around again, so I know this one’ll get a lot of use once December comes.
You can find these and all of Deborah Lippmann’s polishes at www.lippmanncollection.com.