There’s something about March that seems to make me extra tired. Maybe it’s because the weather changes day-to-day, causing me to feel extra blah on gray days. Maybe it’s because it’s cold and rainy and I’m so antsy for spring. Maybe it’s because I have extra sensitive skin in between seasons. Or maybe it’s just because it’s always one of the busiest times at work. Oh yeah, and Daylight Savings doesn’t help either. All I’m saying is, March is tough and I’m always looking for some extra help in the energy department.
The folks over at Simple Skincare asked me to share some of my favorite pick-me-up tips. Let me know if you use the same tactics and what some of your tips are!
- Use citrus body wash in the morning shower. Citrus is one of the most energizing fragrances and the combination of the scent and steam really helps awaken the senses.
- Apply Simple Skincare Revitalizing Eye Roll-On on the morning (an amazing product that is kind to skin!). The ingredients in this product help reduce puffiness and wake up tired eyes, by instantly cooling and gently massaging the eye area. The applicator actually helps me to wake me up. I love the cool tip which provides a refreshing cool eye massage and a burst of energy to my eyes.
- Drink seltzer water with my coffee. Ok this one is kind of weird but on really bad mornings, I always find myself reaching for something cold and fizzy to go with my hot coffee. Alternating the hot and cold (or maybe just the different flavors) seems to do a better job of waking me up than just coffee alone.
- Take a walk. If I’m falling asleep at the computer (usually around 2pm), there’s only one solution. Get up and go for a walk around the block before sitting back down to tackle your afternoon emails.
- Stay away from the office cookies and candies. I get the sugar crash (and sugar pounds) without the sugar high so there’s really nothing that cookies and candy do for me- except to make me feel more lethargic. Only exception: birthday cupcakes.
- Sleep. Despite how tired I am during the day, for some reason- I always seem to get my second wind around 10PM or so. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to sleep even if you’re busy online shopping or watching YouTube videos (oh wait…that’s just me? Ok then.) I like to use Simple Skincare’s Soothing Facial Toner to leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed at the end of my day. And sleep, my friends, is the best trick I’ve ever used to for good skin and an even better next day
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Influencer in the Simple® Skincare Program. Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin.