By now, we know that Simple Skincare is an amazingly gentle and effective range of skincare products perfect for people with sensitive skin. But how do you know if you have sensitive skin?
Well consider the following quiz:
- Do a lot of skincare (or other) products make your skin feel: irritated- redness, stinging, burning, tightness or other discomfort?
- Are you particularly sensitive to ingredients in your products, such as fragrances?
- Do you tend to get red or blotchy patches, especially when exposed to the outdoor elements?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, odds are you probably have sensitive skin and it’s important to find the right products that are kind to skin and work for your skin type. Stay away from things that irritate your skin, especially products that contain fragrances or any harsh ingredients. With sensitive skin, you have to be gentle and work with it- keeping it moisturized, happy and cared for.
So what are some solutions for sensitive skin? Well, below are some tips to prevent your skin from acting up.
- Avoid using a lot of spray products whether it’s perfume, hair spray, cleaning spray, etc. Spray products can get on your skin in areas you never intended it to and often contain harsh ingredients that irritate.
- Don’t just pay attention to your skincare routine- pay attention to what’s in your shampoo, detergent, etc. Things like fabric softeners and drying sheets can actually leave irritants on the clothes, which can react with your skin.
- Use a gentle facewash and steer clear with anything too abrasive. In fact, many dermatologists recommend just using a gentle creamy wash and water on your skin and nothing else at first for people just starting to care for excessively sensitive skin. Try Simple’s Moisturizing Facial Wash , which nourishes and cleanses skin.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize- and use SPF! This includes not only your face but also your body. It’s important to keep your skin hydrated to prevent bumpy, red and dry patches that can just get worse. During the winter, I love using Simple’s Replenishing Rich Moisturizer as a slightly heavier comforting cream that moisturizes for 12 hours and during the summer, switch to the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer to keep my skin from getting oily or uncomfortable in the heat. Remember to apply a minimum SPF 15 as well. Simple has its own Simple Vital Vitamin Day Cream with SPF 15, which moisturizes and protects skin all day, so you can layer over your regular moisturizer or wear alone.
- Always take off your makeup before bed. Sounds simple but it can be hard to do sometimes, especially if you’re coming home past your bedtime. But even on the laziest nights, make sure you give your face a good wipe at least with Simple’s Cleansing Facial Wipes, which cleanses, refreshes, and nourishes to take off makeup without stripping your skin of moisture or causing additional irritation.
What sensitive skincare tips do you have? You can now check out the products and read consumer reviews on SimpleSkincare.com and buy them at your local retailer. Be sure to let me know what you think!
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Influencer in the Simple® Skincare Program. Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin.