Still shopping for the holidays? Me too. In fact, I just ordered another box of these last night! Sure, it’s the 11th hour, but there are still plenty of gems out there just waiting to be gift-wrapped and rushed to your friends, family and co-workers. In case you’re at a loss, here are my top picks for crowd-pleasing gifts (counter-clockwise from top left):
1) WILT Slub Jersey Slouchy BF, $105 — One of the most comfortable brands in my closet this season, WILT makes these versatile hi-low tops in many different fabrics and shades — all of which look and feel different! Take your pick, or just spring for this little black number. (They’re roomy so you can just ballpark the size.) It will be a lifetime staple in your favorite fashion lover’s closet, promise!
2) Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Candle, $80 — Ask any candle or fragrance fanatic; you can’t go wrong with Diptyque. Named after the brand’s first boutique location, this unique, gender-neutral scent is at once fresh, spicy, calming and oddly addictive. Available online (or check your local Bloomingdale’s).
3) Piper-Heidsieck Brut Champagne, $29.99 — With New Year’s Eve coming soon, a bottle of champagne is on every party lover’s subconscious wish list. However, if a highly rated Cristal or an ever-popular Veuve Clicquot are out of your price range, go for this solid pick. Not only is its red label festive around the holidays, it’s widely available and consistently tastes good, if not better, than several more expensive brands I’ve tried.
4) Head Massager, $4.50 — These are super cheap stocking stuffers, and while they might seem tacky at first glance, believe me — the person you give them to will hunt you down and thank you later. They are instant stress reducers. Don’t believe me? Have someone else run one over your head; you’ll be amazed!
5) Bodum Pavina Cups, starting at $7.50 — Inspired by the chamomile mint tea I recently ordered at Alma, Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurant in America 2013, these double-walled, temperature- and scratch-resistant cups are pure genius when it comes to holding hot beverages. I prefer the tiny 2.5-ounce espresso cups but they also come in 12- and 16-ounce sizes, as well as this handy tea version with an infuser.