Let’s start off with some easy questions: love an all over luminous, lit-from-within glow? Hate looking flat or chalky? Need a blush that is build-able but impossible to over-apply? Want a powder that is smart enough to adjust to different types of lighting to cast your skin in the most flattering glow?
Well, if you answered yes to any (or all, as in my case) of those questions, then run (don’t walk) to check out Hourglass Cosmetics’ new Ambient Lighting Powder — a blush/finishing powder that is formulated with state-of-the-art illuminating and color-correcting technologies that manipulate and filter out harsh light, delivering a soft finish to every skin tone. The powders come in six universal shades:
- ETHEREAL LIGHT: A cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow
- DIFFUSED LIGHT: A soft, warm, pale yellow light powder that reduces redness.
- RADIANT LIGHT: A warm light, golden powder that enhances complexion
- MOOD LIGHT: A lavender powder that brightens complexion like a soft, pink light.
- DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that works as an all over highlighter.
- LUMINOUS LIGHT: A champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow.
While the lighter shades work best as a highlighter or radiant finishing powder, the more pigmented shades also double up as blushes. I apply my Radiant Light to the apples of my cheeks with a slightly heavier hand, layering the color for more impact. Then, I lightly dust a coat all over my face, paying particular attention to areas I want to highlight, such as the forehead, chin, and nose. The result? A very pretty, better-than-natural finish with a hint of all over color and a luminous glow. Check out all the shades on Sephora.com.