Ahh these dog days of summer mean only one thing: I’m trying to get out of the hot, humid concrete jungle as often as I can. Whether it’s just to head to the local beach or jet far far away, the frequent summer travel means that I have a cosmetics bag packed at all times…ready to go at any minute. Now that I’ve been doing this for a couple months already, I’ve got the beauty bag perfected (and bared down just to the essentials). Here’s what you’ll find:
1. Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes — When Simple came out with these wipes this year, they replaced the Cleansing Facial Wipes as my favorite for my on-the-go or midday touchup (the Cleansing Wipes are still great for nighttime though!). Now that it’s so hot and my skin seems to get greasy just minutes out of an air conditioned room, the oil balancing properties are even more crucial. I have these on hand at all times in case of a surprise oil slick situation or just to touch up after a long car ride.
2. MD Solar Sciences Mineral Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30 — My travel bag does not have space for a full bottle of sunscreen and foundation and anti-aging cream. I multi-task with this mineral tinted creme sunscreen which a) doesn’t clog pores b) provides flawless light coverage that makes my skin radiant and c) provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection and is 80 minutes water resistant–all with just one step.
3. Maybelline Color Whisper Color Sensation Lipstick — My go-to lipstick for no-fuss, no-mirror-needed beauty. The weightless gel texture is super smooth and keeps my lips soft and moisturized all day without any stickiness. Plus the colors are natural and beautiful and provide just the right amount of shine.
4. Chanel Ombre D’Eau Fluid Eyeshadow — My favorite travel eyeshadow. The compact tube comes with a built in applicator (like a lipgloss) and the liquid texture lets me build or blend as much as I want. Plus it feels so cool going on and the pigment lasts the entire day. I pack one in a darker shade in my bag at all times and use it to shade, contour, or line the eyes–all without needing a brush!
5. Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads— And to take it all off (I am on vacation after all), I simply pack this little bag of eye makeup remover pads, which gently and effectively takes of all my makeup at the end of the day. Yup, it’s meant for eyes, but I’ll use it on my face and lips as well.
What are your summer must have travel essentials? Share with me in the comments!