Like all things classic, roses tend to have a reputation of being a bit too “old school.” Some people may even actively avoid wearing rose products all together out of fear of appearing one (or two) generations too old. But I’m here to put that powdery perception to rest; the newest crop of roses are light, feminine, joyful, and yes–even youthful. From the most romantic hue of blush to a facial mask infused with actual flower petals, we’ve rounded up our nine favorite products of the moment just in time for Valentine’s Day–perfect for beauty gifting or to enhance your own bathroom shelves. Below, our guide to la vie en rose.
1. Aerin Rose Balm: Roses have long been used in skincare thanks to its hydrating and anti-aging benefits. Aerin Lauder is a fan, having made the flower (and color) a signature across all the products in her elegant beauty line. Her new Rose Balm is completely dedicated to the flower, carefully crafted with an extract from over 350 petals and can be used to soothe and moisturize any part of the body from eyes and lips to face and cuticles. The unique balm formula is deeply moisturizing but ultra light to the touch without any stickiness and leaves behind a natural radiance. The product is housed in a gorgeous frosted glass jar with just the subtlest hint of rose fragrance.
2. Fresh Rose Face Mask: This gel mask is infused with pure rosewater and real petals (in fact, two and a half roses worth in each jar) that literally melt into the skin, helping to tone and hydrate the complexion. The mask also contains cucumber extract and aloe vera gel for its calming and soothing properties, making it an ideal evening pick-me-up. Once applied, the mask sinks into skin without any stickiness or tightness and rinses off easily leaving behind a softer and brighter complexion. (Added bonus: my towel now smells like the most fragrant roses.)
3. Le Couvent des Minimes Cleansing Cream: This soap-free, ultra gentle French cream effectively and gently cleanses and removes makeup without leaving skin feeling stripped or dry. The recipe contains three beneficial roses: Damascena Rose floral water to refresh and soften, Musk Rose Oil to promote cell renewal, and Wild Rose berry polyphenols for an extra boost of protection against free radicals. After use, skin is nourished and delicately scented.
4. Dolce & Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick in Rose: This ultra-moisturizing (are we seeing a theme here?) lipstick comes with a gloss center that delivers a burst of hydration and leaves a creamy finish. The dusky rose hue is flattering for multiple skintones and a light golden shimmer adds warmth and dimension. The perfect day-to-evening makeup item.
5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: This spray is simply formulated, smells amazing, and feels great on skin. Meant to be a quick refresher, Mario Badescu Facial Spray can be used anywhere under any types of conditions. Use it to set makeup, cool off on a hot day, hydrate skin on a cold day, as a before-bed ritual, or morning wake-me-up. The product is easy to carry and effective at its job–just spray and feel better immediately.
6. Korres Cheek Butter in Philia Rose: Much like its beloved Lip Butter, Korres Cheek Butter is meant to deliver radiance, hydration, and creamy, long-lasting color.The product is infused with natural shea butter to increase skin’s suppleness and moisture level, and is rich in vitamin C for antioxidant protection. Philia Rose is a gorgeous hue that’s neither too bright nor too dark and gives a luminous and romantic flush to the skin.
7. Amala Rose Concentrate: Now you can bring the wellness benefits of roses on the go with Amala Rose Concentrate, a compact aromatherapy rollerball that releases tension and restores balance and harmony. Orgranic Turkish Rose is blended with various notes of citrus to help sooth and renew. The product fits into any purse or pocket and is meant to be applied to wrists and temples when you need a moment to decompress–perfect for plane rides, car rides, or just long days at the office.
8. Roses de Chloé: The newest fragrance from Chloé encapsulates that feminine and graceful rose that is modern and youthful, yet stays true to its classic roots. The fragrance opens with notes of fresh cut roses and bergamot giving the scent an immediate luminosity, before opening to a heart of Damascena rose essence, and finally giving way to white musk and amber, the signature base of the Chloé house. The tender rose hued fragrance sits in a gorgeous glass bottle enlaced with a blush pink ribbon to add the perfect feminine finish.
9. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Candle: Finally, give your living space that elegant rosy touch with Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb Candle, housed in a delicately pink frosted glass. The candle bursts with the beautiful floral fragrance of Flowerbomb and the simple yet elegant casing makes your space look as pretty as it smells. The candle is perfect for a romantic dinner, on your vanity, or as a gift for any discerning hostess.