Most of us here at TDO know of friends and loved ones that were affected by Sandy…and we encourage aiding those in need through one of our favorite ways – shopping! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Joan Hornig, a New York based jewelry designer, has produced a special design dedicated to the victims of hurricane Sandy. This sterling silver “Build Up” necklace is priced at $80.22 with 100% of profits going to the charity of the purchaser’s choice. Joan Hornig’s collection is available online as well as at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.
- Eva Hanusova, witnessed the effects of Sandy across her home borough of Queens, NY. Always eager to give back, Eva is donating 50% of proceeds from her fan favorite Dorset Tote towards the American Red Cross hurricane relief. Made from Rustic Oil Cow Leather for a durable wax veneer and vintage worn-in feel that only gets better with age. Available online for $239.
- KiraKira, a native of New Orleans is no stranger to natural disasters particularly since relocating to Japan to experience the tsunami in 2011. Now based in New York, designer Suz Somersall is strong supporter of various charities including Red Cross disaster relief. To give back to storm survivors, KiraKira is donating 20% from online sales to the American Red Cross to help with hurricane relief from www.kirakira.com. Psst – for those in NYC KiraKira is in Bryant Park Holiday Shops through the holidays!
- Chilean-born, Manhattan-based artist Sebastian Errazuriz created his “I Still Love NY” t-shirt after his studio was paralyzed from the storm. The debilitating effects motivated Errazuriz to give back by raising much-needed funds for Sandy relief. The water line that marked the walls of flooded galleries in Chelsea inspired this limited edition charity item available for $40 with 100% of proceeds going to charity.
Native to Czech Republic, Eva Hanusova became fascinated with the handmade jewelry world while taking classes at School of Visual Arts and Parson School of Design in New York City. What began merely as a passionate hobby in 2005 became a full-time reality when Eva launched her eponymous jewelry line 2010, and more recently, a line of quality leather handbags this year. Now, her line is found at Free People and Anthropologie stores, along with select boutiques nationwide. Below check out what Eva is currently loving: (more…)
Send your preppy dad a treat for Father’s Day! Below are our favorites:
Kempt Commuter: Make sure that both dad’s face and travel is smooth with the compact Jack Black Jet Set Traveler ($25). Dad’s essentials are regulation carry-on sized in a clear and compact package so that he keep up his regimen on the road.
Nature-Lover: These Starfish Cufflinks from KiraKira are available in both silver and gold will bring dad back to fond, seaside memories. Quality crafted, these will be passed down for generations to come for $138 – $158.
Dapper Dad, Help your father make a statement this summer with a classic tie with a twist! Kiel James Patrick’s Kortright Ebb Tide Bow-tie is handcrafted in the Ocean State and available for a mere $65.
Need some last minute ideas for Mother’s Day? Take a look at our suggestions below!
Tear-jerking Treats: Monogramming has always been one of our favorite ways to say I love you.
- Inspired by ancient signet rings with an architectonic twist - Lauren Wimmer Customizable Signet Ring is available in gold, silver, matte or shiny finish as well as personalized either interlocking script or round blog letters for mom at $185 – $210.
Sarah Vickers is one creative and stylish gal! As a partner in accessories company, Kiel James Patrick, Sarah acts as the the designer and inspiration behind the women’s assortment. She also recently launched a style blog, Classy Girls Wears Pearls, a few months ago that we’re loving (think a USA version of Kate Middleton). Check out Sarah’s current obsessions below! (more…)
Kohl’s is committed to the cause! With several Kohl’s Cares programs under way our favorite, just in time for Mother’s Day is Dana Buchman’s boutique. It’s certainly no secret that we love great gifts that give back and we know moms do too. 100% of the net profit will be donated to support the fight against breast cancer, with products available in pretty pink, white and python motifs. At just $5 or $10 each we can spread the love without breaking the bank and above all get that warm and fuzzy feeling!
Available online at Kohls.com.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we’re taking inspiration from stylish moms who always make it work! Make sure you and your brood are perfectly put-together whether you’re at a family function, the park or just relaxing at home.
More of Me Piper Dress ($198) is not your average maternity dress! Playful yet refined and something that you can keep in wardrobe post pregnancy.
With Earth Day on April 22, this month is a great time to remind yourself and your loved ones of being more eco-conscious. Get started with these fun jewels!
KiraKira is offering a selection of nature-inspired items with 20% going towards the Japan Disaster Relief Fund. Tons of different styles, materials and prices available like this ring, just $89.
Roberta Chiarella has a new and exciting eco-friendly initiative, working with beads handmade by men and women in the Philippines from recycled magazines and catalogues; she’s created two beautiful earring styles, $38 and $28.