Valentine’s Day is just a couple weeks away…and while gifts for your significant other are always nice, say “you’re the best” by showering your bestie with some treats, too! (Hey, who else will watch The Bachelor with you or listen to your gripes anytime?) Here are some of our suggestions: READ MORE
Our year-end wrap is an amazing time to look back and select our favorites, the indispensables that we could not imagine life without. The Best-of-the-Best list is all about tried and true products in every category. There’s something for everyone!
Skincare. La Prairie’s Skin Caviar Luxe Cream has maintained a cult following among the beauty-obsessed for good reason; it has legendary transformative properties which start skin glowing after only 3-4 days and with consistent use, lasts for years. I refer to it as my miracle cream, because it’s saved me from breakouts from pregnancy hormones and keeps me looking rested despite sleepless nights.The caviar extract coupled with La Paririe’s exclusive Cellular Complex recontours by working on age-lines and tightens skin. The amount of moisture it retains is nonpareil, and it’s really a long term investment in your skin to maintain and augment dewy, youthful, and well-nourished skin. The caviar is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, especially with cold snowy days in our near future. A small pearl of the luxe cream will go a long way, and the 1.7 oz jar will last for months, keeping skin looking much younger than its chronological age. The clean and luxurious scent doesn’t linger long, but the effects of the creme, under makeup and overnight, can rival a facelift.
Jetting off somewhere sunny for the holidays? Take these fun finds with you on your tropical vaycay…we’ll be wishing we were there with you!
1. Jet-set in the perfect shoes to fly with and take on the town. Very Loves Soles has a wide range of flats under $200 that are just that lovely in both aesthetic and comfort. Shoes in patent, two-tone, bejeweled, cork, sparkle, supple leather, and exotic prints = happy feet!
2. No time for lash extensions before take off? Fear not! Stila’s Huger Than Huge Lash Duo is here to save the day with a plump primer and lush mascara set ready to travel at only $18.
3. Look and feel good on the beach with Rosena Sammi’s ‘Who’s Sari Now?” collection of up-cycled Sari accessories that support Apne Aap – a non-profit helping educate women and children rescued from the red light districts of India. At the top of our list are the bright bangles, tassel necklaces and breezy headbands. Prices range from $15 – $79.
4. Spread out and relax on Shiraleah’s Spiaggia Beach Blanket that’s perfect to roll up for travel and makes for beautiful pictures at only $30. Happy napping!
5. Don’t have wash and go hair? Don’t worry, neither do we. Embrace the sand and sun and the humidity that comes with with the help of Sally Hershberger’s Glam Waves Spray for $12.
6. Glossier‘s Mask Duo Set come in the perfect little pods that can be tucked into your bag for some much-deserved DIY pampering while you’re traveling. Featuring a mix of their detoxifying Mega Greens Galaxy Pack and Moisturizing Moon Mask, these will take your skin and mind from “ahhh!” to spa. Happy holidays to yourself!
Clinique is well-loved for their popular Chubby Sticks, so I was super excited when I heard they were launching their Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara. As someone who has thinner, short lashes (can you even see them?!), the Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara promises “lusciously full-bodied, curled, thick lashes.” Offered in four colorful shades, this mascara is highly pigmented mascara for strong definition, which is perfect for a gal like myself. The oversized molded brush and the mascara’s thickening polymers helps deliver volume. All mascara tends to weigh my lashes down, so I still needed the help of a eyelash curler – but if you have thicker lashes, this mascara will probably immediately give your lashes a lift. It also basically stays put through the whole day – a total win! (Because really, who has time to freshen up their mascara mid-day?!)
I also tried their Just Browsing Brush-On Styling Mousse for brows. My brows are pretty light, so I definitely need some help to give them definition. What I loved about this product was it’s ease of use. The gel-mousse formula defines, styles and thickens brows instantly with just a few strokes. It’s “formulated with a combination of silicone film formers that keep brows in place” – and after trying it, I can assure you that it does not smudge! At $16, it’s a total must to help define your eyes!
Bordeaux and its surrounding vineyards in southwest France, is a dreamland for me. It sacrifices nothing: the most revered wine, stellar cuisine, chateaux in droves, and French sensibility. For 36 hours one June weekend, we feasted with our eyes and tastebuds through vast vineyards and Michelin-starred restaurants. I loved every minute exploring the cobbled and sloped walkways in our small town, St. Emilion, and savored evenings on the terrace at the lovely Hostellerie de Plaisance. Our adopted home was full of charm with historic substance and the best service we’ve ever experienced in Europe. We didn’t have a lot of time to visit multiple vineyards, as each appointment is typically over an hour long, complete with a personal tour and tasting. We chose strategically, experiencing two vineyards, each with its own distinct personalities. First was Chateau Grand Mayne, a beautiful boutique winery in St. Emilion, and the second one, much larger, folds out into a beautiful story.
Nestled in rolling vineyards atop a gentle slope is the family-run Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, a producer of superb red and white wines whose history dates back to 1365. The vineyard takes exquisite care of each step of the wine-producing process, from honed techniques of nearly all-organic growing processes to having their own barrel maker who works with tasters to cater each piece of wood to a desired taste of wine. The estate hosts a luxury inn, two restaurants including the decadent and delicious La Grand’Vigne which has the distinction of two Michelin stars, and a spa. The beauty brand Caudalie is part of what makes the chateau so special as it utilizes the rich resources of grape by-products in production of the line. Even the name ties into the equation, the word Caudalie is derived from the word caudal (tail), this is the unit used to measure the the persistence of a wine’s finish, with one caudalie representing one second.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.