We’ve rounded up some fun gifts for the kiddos this holiday! Let’s start with…
2. A festive sled! It makes for a big gift under the tree (read: buy lots of wrapping paper!), something fun to do outside in winter when you’re experiencing cabin fever and it’s got lots of bang for it’s buck. We went with an option on Amazon that ships free for Prime Members and you can throw in a pair of cute, yet functional, Crocs snowboots while you’re at it!
3. Melissa & Doug is carried in toy stores around the country plus they have a website that easily sorts by age, price, skill, theme and more so you can check all your littles off your list and easily buy in bulk. Water Wow! is a mess free activity to do all the way to Grandma’s House for the holidays and their pretend toys allows everyone to take part in festive prep!
4. LEGO A long-time favorite for all ages – there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating whatever pops in to their little minds and can be easily brought to a friend’s place or out for dinner to keep busy ones even busier. What’s even better? At long last someone has thought of an amazing invention to combat pain from stepping on LEGO in your very home – a stylish pair of slippers (designed by a French PR firm naturally!)
5. No matter what age you’re looking to buy for – these sweet, playful Jellycat animals are fan favorites in homes all around the globe. Catering to itty bitty babies from their first soft stroller toy, to loveys, squeaky and books with tails and simply everyone’s favorite bashful bunnies, nothing is more adorable than a Jellycat menagerie. Be sure to buy back ups for those particular favorites that your kids jut can’t live without.
6. JJ Rabbit dipPLATEs make mealtime more fun – so a win for parents and kids on this one! They come in cute animal shapes – like bunnies and piglets – and can keep condiments in a divided section. They’re dishwasher-friendly, biodegradable and free of BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
I’m not sure what’s in the water, but it feels like everyone I know is having a baby this year. That means, I’ve been on the hunt for lots and lots of baby shower gifts that will appeal to both the moms-to-be and the baby. Applepark is a lovely company that I’ve recently come across, offering eco-friendly and organic baby gifts that mamas will love since the products are safe for their babies, but aren’t “granola.”
Here are some of my top picks that would make for adorable gifts: READ MORE
I recently read that technology might be killing the jewelry industry, specifically the brick-and-mortar fine jewelry establishments. This was somewhat depressing because I live in the core of the Los Angeles jewelry district, but I won’t take you down that road. Instead, I want to focus on the closing paragraph of the article, where a friend of the writer’s elected NOT to buy his graphic designer girlfriend diamond earrings as a gift because she couldn’t “use the earrings to make her artwork.”
What!? Who doesn’t want diamond earrings?!?
I write this post because on behalf of all the people out there who are tired of buying “junk jewelry” only to watch it fall apart one season later, we want better bling! READ MORE
The delightful smells of cinnamon, Christmas cookies, and fresh pie are such lovely associations with this time of year. I love walking into the warmth of a home from the grey cold outside to be enveloped by laughter, holiday scents, and the promise of fun to come. philosophy captures the nostalgic smells of the holidays in the form of beauty (no calories!)- lotion, lip shines, and my favorite 3-in-1 Christmas cookie shower gel (also a shampoo or bubble bath) packaged in an ornament box. This adorable stocking stuffer is age-versatile as it would certainly bring a smile to a little girl’s face and same for grandma. philosophy gives back to the community by donating 1% of all philosophy.com sales to mental health efforts- so your gift gives gives back!
Looking for a last minute gift? I don’t know about you, but I love to receive a good coffee table book. It’s not something that I often splurge on, and it’s always a great addition to any home. Here’s a couple of books that would be beautiful on anyone’s coffee table!
Blow Me a Kiss by Alice Harris – Provocative and sensual, this book celebrates and explores the iconic “red lip” by featuring notable art and photographs – including those of celebrities. Boys, perhaps this makes a great gift for a new girlfriend?
National Geographic’s World’s Best Cities by Annie Fitzsimmons – This visually stunning book is a tribute to the cosmopolitan destinations. Ideal for the jet-setter in your life, the book reveals gorgeous photos and vital stats, best local foods, oddities and more on chic cities around the globe.
Naked Undies. This is the perfect gift for the girl in your life that knows how to unwind and relax in style (or needs that incentive to do so!). The essential loungewear line is unbelievably light and feather-soft, not to mention sexy! The Carly T is my favorite long-sleeve tee for its creative back opening- think two graceful semi-sheer panels overlapping for comfort and ease. This piece fits true to size and is flattering at just the right length without trying too hard. The fabric hugs skin but doesn’t feel constricting in the least, so it’s perfect for traveling, lounging, and rewarding oneself for getting through the holidays! The chic pieces can be machine laundered with care and come in a variety of neutral shades. Naked Undies was founded by two fashionable ladies from LA whose eco-friendly philosophy and charity go beyond the luxurious threads. I love their ideas for giving back, and ten percent of proceeds go directly to the animal rescue organization Banfield Charitable Trust. Naked Undies is a treat for a woman of any age, and makes every day into a spa day whether that’s on the to-do list or not!
Ahh the holiday season has arrived! Are you thinking about what to gift yet? Let’s start with a simple stocking stuffer. Sometimes, they’re filled with goodies – and sometimes, not so much (err, dental floss, mom?). This year, consider these water bottles by bkr!
Part of Neiman Marcus’ Love to Give Collection (which was curated by Ken Downing), 10% of proceeds of purchases will benefit the Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation, which supports art education nationwide. I love that these bkr bottles are totally chic, but also a healthful gift that works for men, women and kids. Plus, the receiver can use all-round – whether it’s at the desk or on a hike. Best of all…you won’t be breaking the bank, since they’re only $30 each! A happy stocking stuffer option, indeed.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.