The warm summer months are just ahead and that means, it’s time to hit the beach! But is your skin ready for months of fun in the sun? Here’s our guide on how to get silky, perfectly bronzed skin all summer long:
Step 1: Exfoliation is the key to glowing skin year-round, but it’s especially important now. Slough off dead skin cells that have accumulated on your skin from the dry winter months. Massage an exfoliant over skin gently, paying special attention to particularly dry areas like elbows, knees and feet. Try a scrub like Repechage’s Pomegranate Cran-Apple All Over Body Scrub ($36), which is so incredibly yummy-smelling. For the face, try a gentle and oil-free scrub like Elemis’ Gentle Rose Exfoliator ($38). Just completing this step will make your skin look much more radiant than before, guaranteed!
Step 2: Moisturize! There’s no escaping this step. If you want your skin to look great, moisturization is the key to fighting off dry, dull-looking skin. It’ll also help retain pigment longer and more evenly, which is vital if you plan on using a self-tanner. Our suggestions? Olay Quench Therapy ($10), Jurlique Body Care Lotion ($23) or Tocca’s Crema da Sogna ($45) for an intensive fix. (more…)
We report on sales quite often, but we’ve never put together a guide on how to shop a sample sale! Here are a few of our tips:
- If you are going to multiple sample sales, map out your journey. Make note of when the sales start and end, as well as the floor or suite numbers. Oftentimes, sales will take place in hard-to-find buildings. Take the phone number with you – just in case you need some help finding it.
- Type A: Want the best selection? Be the first person in line on the first day. Type B: Want the best deals? Go towards the end of the last day when discounts increase. (But beware, you may not be able to score anything at all.) (more…)
It’s been awhile since our last How To post, but hopefully, we will be making them a little bit more frequent in the future. Our latest topic? It’s all about how to spa!
Are you making your first visit to the spa? Or maybe you’ve never had a massage and want to try one. You probably aren’t sure of what to expect, but like anything else, there are some rules and guidelines to follow. Here are our tips for spa etiquette and expectations:
- Do you need help picking a spa? Find out about various types of spas at the International Spa Association website and figure out what would best suit you.
- Not sure what a hydrotherapy treatment is? Look up spa terms at Spa Finder before deciding on what you want to try.
- Ask questions when booking your appointment. What treatments are best for shoulder kinks or fighting wrinkles? The receptionist should be able to make recommendations for your skin type and needs.
- When booking multiple spa treatments, remember this order: body treatment, massage and then the facial. (more…)
This month, we are introducing a brand new section called “How To’s.” These posts will consist of tips/ advice on how to purchase or wear anything – from how to differentiate between a fake or real designer bag to investing in a classic suit. And we’re kicking it off with one of the hottest trends, Skinny Denim. So without further ado…
Unless you are one of those lucky few (depending on who you ask) who has a model-like figure, you’re probably cursing the return of skinny denim. Skinny jeans look fabulous on girls with bodies like models because simply put…they’re skinny. Now for the rest of us with curves…let’s be realistic. It’s not as easy to pull off. (I am by no means advocating unhealthy dieting or anything of that sort. In fact, I think if you take a poll, most men and women prefer the curves. But I digress.) However, the truth is that we all can still wear this look – we just need to know which pair to pick and how to wear them. Here are a few tips that I’ve picked up from my own long, torturing but finished search for the perfect pair of skinny denim:
- Proportion is key. If you’re self-concious about your tummy/ hip/ butt area, pick a pair that are more similar to straight legs than stovepipes. Pair it with a long, cozy chunky knit cardigan or a floaty top belted at the narrowest part of the waist. It’s also a great time to try that sweater dress that’s making a comeback this season. (more…)