Our year-end wrap is an amazing time to look back and select our favorites, the indispensables that we could not imagine life without. The Best-of-the-Best list is all about tried and true products in every category. There’s something for everyone!
Skincare. La Prairie’s Skin Caviar Luxe Cream has maintained a cult following among the beauty-obsessed for good reason; it has legendary transformative properties which start skin glowing after only 3-4 days and with consistent use, lasts for years. I refer to it as my miracle cream, because it’s saved me from breakouts from pregnancy hormones and keeps me looking rested despite sleepless nights.The caviar extract coupled with La Paririe’s exclusive Cellular Complex recontours by working on age-lines and tightens skin. The amount of moisture it retains is nonpareil, and it’s really a long term investment in your skin to maintain and augment dewy, youthful, and well-nourished skin. The caviar is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, especially with cold snowy days in our near future. A small pearl of the luxe cream will go a long way, and the 1.7 oz jar will last for months, keeping skin looking much younger than its chronological age. The clean and luxurious scent doesn’t linger long, but the effects of the creme, under makeup and overnight, can rival a facelift.
We’ve rounded up some fun gifts for the kiddos this holiday! Let’s start with…
2. A festive sled! It makes for a big gift under the tree (read: buy lots of wrapping paper!), something fun to do outside in winter when you’re experiencing cabin fever and it’s got lots of bang for it’s buck. We went with an option on Amazon that ships free for Prime Members and you can throw in a pair of cute, yet functional, Crocs snowboots while you’re at it!
3. Melissa & Doug is carried in toy stores around the country plus they have a website that easily sorts by age, price, skill, theme and more so you can check all your littles off your list and easily buy in bulk. Water Wow! is a mess free activity to do all the way to Grandma’s House for the holidays and their pretend toys allows everyone to take part in festive prep!
4. LEGO A long-time favorite for all ages – there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating whatever pops in to their little minds and can be easily brought to a friend’s place or out for dinner to keep busy ones even busier. What’s even better? At long last someone has thought of an amazing invention to combat pain from stepping on LEGO in your very home – a stylish pair of slippers (designed by a French PR firm naturally!)
5. No matter what age you’re looking to buy for – these sweet, playful Jellycat animals are fan favorites in homes all around the globe. Catering to itty bitty babies from their first soft stroller toy, to loveys, squeaky and books with tails and simply everyone’s favorite bashful bunnies, nothing is more adorable than a Jellycat menagerie. Be sure to buy back ups for those particular favorites that your kids jut can’t live without.
6. JJ Rabbit dipPLATEs make mealtime more fun – so a win for parents and kids on this one! They come in cute animal shapes – like bunnies and piglets – and can keep condiments in a divided section. They’re dishwasher-friendly, biodegradable and free of BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
As we previously covered, aden+anais recently launched their clothing collection for babies, and we could not have been more thrilled that their line of essentials now has expanded into styling our little ones. And of course, when we think about the first pair of shoes, many of us now think about the soft leather moccasins by freshly picked. We’ve partnered with these two brands to bring you an amazing giveaway…to win a pair of freshly picked moccasins of your choice, along with an aden+anais bodysuit of your choice. Enter below!
It’s never too early to expose the younger set to the world of art, especially since imaginations run wild and creativity abounds in fresh minds. An introduction easily made at home is with the bright and colorful book SIX, which is no ordinary counting board book. The author Katherine Bradford is an accomplished New York artist who is known for her portrayal of ships and water, which I find luminous and whimsical. Her work is displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Brooklyn Museum, and the Portland Museum.
Before baby, all the mamas in my life told me that there will be a lot of stains coming into my life. And boy, were they right! I never know how much spit-up, diaper blowouts, etc. there would be. Dreft literally has been saving my baby’s clothes (and my sanity). Most moms rely on Dreft’s detergent to clean their baby’s clothes gently, but did you also know they make fantastic stain remover?
I love the pen version to stick in my bag always. It’s really simple to use. Just remove excess residue from stain by placing something absorbent (like a napkin, wipe, etc.) behind the stain, while squeezing pen. Then use scrubber like an eraser to get rid of the stain. If I’m at home, the spray version is great. I simply spray the stain remover onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes, after which I rinse and scrub under the hottest water the fabric will allow. In just minutes, voila – clothes are stain-free!
Mealtime just became a lot more stylish and easy with the smartly designed collection from JJ Rabbit. The line was clearly thought up by parents with a lot of experience with toddlers but with one eye responsibly on safe, environmentally-sound materials. Plant-based construction is something I find astounding, and on some level still can’t believe that the sturdy plastic cups and plates are biodegradable and compostable, made from corn and sugarcane! They’re still dishwasher safe (phew!), and don’t contain any BPAs, pthalates, or PVC. Here’s a quick rundown of their fun collection.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.