Media & Press
As we mentioned earlier last month, we’re part of the Total Beauty Blog Community – and we’re very happy to announce that Total Beauty officially launches today. Go check the site out; make a beauty profile, get product recommendations for your skin type, try out holiday makeup tips…there’s a lot of beauty fun to be had. (Don’t forget to click on “The Daily Obsession” under the Blogs We Love section – because you do love us, right?) If you want more info about Total Beauty, read yesterday’s article in WWD or the article above, which is in the December issue of Allure.
And speaking of Allure…their fabulous web editor, Fiona Gibb, alerted us about their December giveaway, which includes products from FrÃ©dÃ©ric Malle, Henri Bendel and more! Actually, the items are from their holiday gift guide, which is totally worth checking out (esp. if you’re going to win that Allure prize). We’re signing up right now.
Just in our email inbox…we heard that one of our fave blogs, WhoWhatWearDaily, launched videos! Who What Wear TV, hosted by WWWD founders Katherine Power and Hillary Kerr (both are super gorgeous!), is basically a viewerâ€™s guide to breaking celebrity and runway trends. Each episode explains a specific trend topic or style situation and shows viewers how to get the look. Check out the first episode here!
I know this film is a couple months away from its release date, but I really want to see it. Naturally, it’ll be right around my birthday so I can coerce my friends to accompany me without too much trouble. (Ha – though I bet they want to see this too!) Which film am I talking about? 27 Dresses.
27 Dresses is about a woman, played by Katherine Heigl, who has been a bridesmaid 27 times (can you even imagine?). But now…she’s about to be one yet again for her sister – who is marrying the man she’s secretly in love with. It’s romantic comedy fluff, but has a fab cast of actors; James Marsden, Ed Burns and Judy Greer are just a few names starring in the movie.
During the past couple months at The Daily Obsession, we’ve been dying to share some extremely exciting news with you and now, we finally can! The Daily Obsession is one of the select blogs that has been chosen to be part of Total Beauty, a brand new beauty site that is unlike any other.
We invite you to their private debut – please excuse the bugs and kinks – and try out some of their wonderful features. You’ll be able to get tips from the experts, contribute beauty product reviews, receive special offers and product samples, and win fabulous prizes!
Fill out a profile and the Beauty Scout will recommend products based on your specific skin and hair type. Take quizzes to find out what age your skin is or view interactive how to’s that show you which makeup colors are right for you. We also adore Total Beauty Television, which are step-by-step videos that show you how to achieve various looks – from “5 Updos in 5 Minutes” to “Get Classic Hollywood Eyes and Lips.”
Oh…and make sure to check out the Blogs We Love section – and click on The Daily Obsession! Each click will raise our ranking…which we’d love and appreciate! :)
We’re SO excited to share this news with you…because we really think you’ll find this to be the ultimate beauty resource. Ready to check it out? Visit TotalBeauty.com to sign up – and let us know what you think!!!
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted about movie that I really want to see. In the upcoming month, August Rush is my film of choice to which I’ll be dragging my BF. Here’s the plot: Two musicians – one a poor Irish guitarist and the other, a privileged cellist – are struck with the magic of romance one night in NYC’s Washington Square. The result is their child, August Rush, who is orphaned by circumstance. Cut to years later, August (who happens to be a musical genius) goes in search of his parents – and they, in turn, are looking for him. The film is all about that journey. Compelling stuff, isn’t it? :)
August Rush has quite a talented cast including Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robin Williams, Terence Howard, Keri Russell and Freddy Highmore (love!). I really am looking forward to seeing it…is anyone else? It’s hitting theaters on November 21, but in the meantime, check out the trailer.
Since The Daily Obsession is a member of Coutorture, you have a chance to win this “Best of Set” from Alterna Haircare. This gift set contains signature products from their Anti-Aging line including Caviar Working Hair Spray, Caviar Volume Conditioner, and their brand new, yet-to-debut Caviar Seasilk Masque. Want to enter? Simply scroll down on our sidebar and enter your email. Voila!
Side Note: We just wanted to extend a congrats to Coutorture. As you may know, they’ve recently joined the Sugar Inc. family. We’re extremely happy about the merger – not only because we love Coutorture & the Sugar Inc. sites – but also because there will be a lot more fun stuff for YOU, such as this giveaway.
A few happenings around the blogosphere…check it out!
- Beauty Addict put together an Encyclopedia of Mascara…find out which one is right for you!
- Have you ever wondered how to wear wellies to work? Omiru has the answer.
- Got poof, dryness and flyaways? Eva Chen, Beauty Director of Teen Vogue, asked the experts for answers – and got the solutions.
- We’re coveting the “I Love You” necklace that Kristopher Dukes found – that costs $24 only.
- Re-create those runway-worthy glamour curls with instructions from WhoWhatWearDaily.
- The ladies at Lucky’s Shop Girl Blog may have found the perfect pair of straight leg jeans.
- ShopDiary is giving away two tickets to Lucky Shops! It ends soon, so hurry!
- Can’t wait for the SATC movie? If you’re in NYC, you can crash one of the sets from the film with a tip from Fashionista.
- Agent Provocateur collaborates with Kurt Geiger to launch a shoe collection in eight styles, FabSugar reports.
- According to The Daily, Kate Bosworth is the new face for an upcoming Coach ad campaign and possible Vogue cover girl.
Now that our Mon Petit Oiseau giveaway is over, we thought you might be interested in a few other October contests that our fellow bloggers are currently holding. Here are the items up for grabs:
- Elizabeth and James FA07 Sequined Mini Giveaway at WhoWhatWearDaily (ends 10/29)
- Daily Beauty Giveaway at Lipstick Powder n’ Paint (ends 10/31)
- Sothys Clarte & Comfort Line Giveaway at Second City Style (ends 10/31)
- Longchamp Legende Bag at Fabsugar (ends 10/31)
- Too Faced Lip Gloss Giveaway at GlamBoulevard (ends 10/31)
- “Halloween Mask” Contest at Temptalia (ends 10/31)
- Smythson Nancy Bag at Bagsnob (ends 10/31)
- MAC Product Giveaways at The Hinter (ends 10/31)
- Maggie Gyllenhaal gets sexy for Agent Provocateur; check out the ads at Off the Rack.
- The Daily reports that Pierre Hardy is to design a capsule collection of shoes for Gap.
- The Simply Vera Vera Wang has made it onto Kohls.com and is declared a hit by Racked.
- Want free Smashbox blush? Closet Therapy has a coupon for you!
- Blogdorf Goodman reviews Nars Fall 2007 “Modern Odyssey” collection.
- The madness that is Fashion Week has begun, with editors spotted out and about by Fashionista.
- Our very own ShoppingsMyCardio lays out guidelines for business casual and throws in suggestions.
- BellaSugar gives you a recipe for a mojito hand scrub. Sounds delish!
- Jovovich-Hawk is the next designer up for Target’s Go International collection, to debut in stores in Spring 2008. Read more at Shop Diary.
- According to Slaves to Fashion, Valentino is stepping down from designing after one more season of RTW and couture.
Am I the only one who wants to see Gossip Girl? Based on the bestselling books, it debuts on Sept. 26. Not only does the fashion on the show look like it’s going to be completely fantastic, but I also have a feeling that it’s going to become a guilty pleasure. Check out the clip below and see more at cwtv.com.