How cute is Jill Stuart this season? Her collection was completely light and fresh, with a sorbet color palette and Palm Spring inspired cuteness. Her Spring collection kept to her girly aesthetic, with playful details like scalloped skirt hemlines, round Peter pan collared blouses, and 3/4 sleeve length macintoshes adding to the fun. A pastel-infused color palette was kicked up a notch, with meyer lemon yellow, coral pinks, and muted electric blues, thrown in with darling palm tree, bird, and petal prints patterns. Mixed in with tailored short suits were silky tops and airy, 70′s inspired silhouettes with v necks, lower waistlines, and skirts full of movement as they swished down the runway. Overall, the collection was a great mix of light separates and dresses that wouldn’t look out of place in resortwear. It was a seriously beautiful collection and I can’t wait to add some of these cheerful and fun pieces into my closet. What do you think of collection? What are your favorite looks?
Picture Source 1
We kicked off NYFW on Thursday, September 8th and have been running around like crazy! But not crazy enough, to not pick out our favorite Top 5 looks of the day! Here are the highlights thus far from the collections and a little bit of what I like to call, fashion math.
1. BCBG Max Azria = Color blocking + Tribal elements + 70′s relaxed silhouettes – Shoulders
Always pretty and relaxed, BCBG is like the gateway designer to future luxury (and Herve Leger.) This was a dress-centric collection, playing on their strong suit, wearable beauty. I think I saw only 1 pair of pants among the 30 looks, which suited me just fine as a dress-loving girl! Azria played with large color blocks in a desert, tribal-inspired palette of dark turquoise, orange, and ivory that edged along seams, lapels, and major detailing. The silhouette was easy and 70′s inspired, with drop waists, and maxi dresses. Azria featured strategic cut-outs and slashes throughout, but my favorite was the dress above: a micro-pleated maxi dress with cut-out shoulders. It’s the perfect, airy, dress for a girl going out for a special night in the summer. (more…)
The New Year’s of Fashion is almost upon us, also known as Fashion’s Night Out! Let the champagne, tiny bites, and retail dollars flow as we put together a compilation of the best must-visit events for Thursday, September 8th. The sweet 16 below:
1. Bergdorf Goodman – 745 Fifth Avenue – The fun starts as early at 3 on the beauty floor with beauty experts and free services from Bobbi Brown, Chanel, and YSL. Stick around till 5:30 and meet the man, the legend, Oscar de la Renta as he signs his limited edition Le Metier de Beaute palette (we loved last year’s collaboration with Marchesa, so this one is gauranteed to be fabulous too.) At 7, make your way to the third floor for the Best in Show canine and designer catwalk competition judged by guest judges such as Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa, Monique Lhullier, and Tina Craig of BagSnob. At 8, pick up Jason Wu’s limited-edition FNO doll and get it signed!
2. Bloomingdale’s – 1000 Third Avenue – The standout here is the BANANAS Rachel Zoe, who arrives on the scene at 6:30 to launch her ready-to-wear, shoe, and handbag collections. When you purchase something from the collection, you receive a Rachel Zoe makeup bag. Also, visit Clinique for Milly designer, Michelle Smith, step into the photo-booth and get a Clinique goody bag with every purchase of $25 or more.
3. Coach – 595 Madison Avenue. Seth Myers. Need I say more? How about Kelly Framel of The Glamourai and The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine? They’re all on hand to celebrate the re-issue of Coach’s celebrated Coach Duffle Sac.
4. Kiehl’s – Do you know who AJ McLean is? Don’t lie–I know you (or at least your teenage self) does! Was it always your dream to sing with a Backstreet Boy? Venture over to their flagship store and celebrate your inner 10 year old with a karoake contest and carnival. (more…)
For the overthreaded, the overwaxed, the overplucked, Sania’s Brow Bar is here to take in your huddled masses. She is the Florence Nightingale to your poor, much-harassed brows. A former brow specialist at Bergdorf Goodman, Sania is the specialist for those who are over every-three-week maintenance, and want easy to maintain, natural arches.
I myself am not even that crazy of an eyebrow threader, compared to some of my friends who have longstanding appointments set in stone every month. It’s partially due to laziness and because I find it really them really hard to maintain post appointment. The hairs that grow in post-appointment migrate all over and in different directions so I can’t get them back to their perfect shape. I don’t love waxing, because I feel like the skin around my brows is really sensitive afterwards and stretches the skin out. It was a relief to come to Sania who pressed the reset button on my much maligned brows. (more…)
As the dress designer of choice for the GMA dubbed American Royal Wedding (yes, a bit much I agree), Vera Wang’s name has been on everyone’s lips for the past few weeks. Meanwhile, her new fragrance has been all over my wrists. On Wednesday, I went to the James Hotel to fête Vera Wang, Lovestruck, and Leighton Meester, the lovely spokesmodel of the fragrance.
The idea of romance is nothing new for a world-class wedding dress designer, but Lovestruck, as Vera told us, is not a wedding fragrance. It is romantic, inspired by a modern day take on Romeo and Juliet, but it’s about that butterflies-in-your-stomach thrill and Christmas Eve jitters you have when you are starting to really like someone. “ Lovestruck is about the emotion and rush you feel when you are falling in love and going for it…those heart-pounding moments of spontaneity,” says Vera.
She interpreted these feelings with a fragrance mix of slight tropical sweetness mixed with spicy florals, with top notes of pink guava and heady angelica flowers. Its tuberose base is tempered by musky woods, leaving a lasting and lingering scent. Evoking the R&J inspiration of the fragrance, Leighton Meester starred in the video and ad campaign, shot waiting for her beau on a Pretty Woman-inspired fire escape in SoHo.
Lovestruck retails for $48 and can be found at Sephora and Macy’s. Check out their Tumblr, where Shenae Grimes and Becka Diamond took the Lovestruck quiz and talks about what movies, music, food, and cities that have them Lovestruck (hint: someone has a thing for the movie Great Expectations).