The holidays are the perfect time to show how much you love the amazing women in your life – from your besties to your mom. Here’s a roundup of ideas… READ MORE
Our year-end wrap is an amazing time to look back and select our favorites, the indispensables that we could not imagine life without. The Best-of-the-Best list is all about tried and true products in every category. There’s something for everyone!
Skincare. La Prairie’s Skin Caviar Luxe Cream has maintained a cult following among the beauty-obsessed for good reason; it has legendary transformative properties which start skin glowing after only 3-4 days and with consistent use, lasts for years. I refer to it as my miracle cream, because it’s saved me from breakouts from pregnancy hormones and keeps me looking rested despite sleepless nights.The caviar extract coupled with La Paririe’s exclusive Cellular Complex recontours by working on age-lines and tightens skin. The amount of moisture it retains is nonpareil, and it’s really a long term investment in your skin to maintain and augment dewy, youthful, and well-nourished skin. The caviar is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, especially with cold snowy days in our near future. A small pearl of the luxe cream will go a long way, and the 1.7 oz jar will last for months, keeping skin looking much younger than its chronological age. The clean and luxurious scent doesn’t linger long, but the effects of the creme, under makeup and overnight, can rival a facelift.
For some reason, men are just so darn hard to gift! Below are some ideas to get your imagination sparked about what they might want most this year…
1. Mouth is particularly for a good foodie friend or a nice treat to say thank you to a colleague or client. Nothing says happy holidays like a Bloody Mary Kit with delicious, carefully sourced fixings. You can spoil someone with a one time treat beautifully packaged or sign them up for a tasty monthly subscription (unlimited coffee, pickles, cookies, jerky anyone?!). Yum!
2. Trendy Butler is another easy online service that you can set and forget (our personal favorite!). Some guidance is required initially to set up a style profile but then month after month they get a delivery of stylish duds straight to their door (that they can always return if they don’t fit or they don’t care for them)! The price tag isn’t as high end as the company’s name, and their products are unique yet wearable (a far cry from what you find in the mall!)
3. Anthony can always be trusted to create great men’s products and the best part is women love them too. Pack for two on your next trip with this Essential Travel Kit which includes hair and body wash, facial cleanser, shave cream, facial moisturizer and lip balm in approved TSA compliant sized packaging – bon voyage!
4. A membership to Dollar Shave Club basically guarantees your loved one up to a year of great shaves. It’s simple: go online, choose a length of time for the subscription, tell them where to send the boxes, and you’re officially the best gift giver ever. The first box includes: selected razor handle and corresponding razor cartridges, Dr. Carver’s Shave Butter and Dr. Carver’s Post Shave. Razor cartridges are then sent automatically each month for the designated amount of time – price ranging from $40 – $140
5. Is he a music fiend? The the AudioTechnica QuietPoint Active Noise-cancelling Headphones ATH-ANC9 will score you major points. The noise-cancelling abilities on these headphones are top-notch, so he can listen to his music anytime, anywhere.
6. For the man who has everything – including French cuffs, we covet Suz Somersall‘s cuff links. We adore the bull and bears and fighter jets but we’ve always had a soft spot for anchors ($88 with matching tie bar available upon request).
7. Need a stocking stuffer? These handy Griffin‘s Magnetic Cable Anchors are a sleek take on organizing all his cable wires (hello phone cords, tablets, etc.!).
There’s nothing that excites me more than a good sale and all the better when it comes from Shopbop! These types of sales are rare, so if you’ve got your eye on that new must-have bag (or just want extra deep discounts on existing sale items), this is your week!
This Thanksgiving, Shopbop is giving up to 25% off your entire order so you can get ahead on your holiday shopping (and something for yourself!). Now stop reading, and get shopping! x
Jetting off somewhere sunny for the holidays? Take these fun finds with you on your tropical vaycay…we’ll be wishing we were there with you!
1. Jet-set in the perfect shoes to fly with and take on the town. Very Loves Soles has a wide range of flats under $200 that are just that lovely in both aesthetic and comfort. Shoes in patent, two-tone, bejeweled, cork, sparkle, supple leather, and exotic prints = happy feet!
2. No time for lash extensions before take off? Fear not! Stila’s Huger Than Huge Lash Duo is here to save the day with a plump primer and lush mascara set ready to travel at only $18.
3. Look and feel good on the beach with Rosena Sammi’s ‘Who’s Sari Now?” collection of up-cycled Sari accessories that support Apne Aap – a non-profit helping educate women and children rescued from the red light districts of India. At the top of our list are the bright bangles, tassel necklaces and breezy headbands. Prices range from $15 – $79.
4. Spread out and relax on Shiraleah’s Spiaggia Beach Blanket that’s perfect to roll up for travel and makes for beautiful pictures at only $30. Happy napping!
5. Don’t have wash and go hair? Don’t worry, neither do we. Embrace the sand and sun and the humidity that comes with with the help of Sally Hershberger’s Glam Waves Spray for $12.
6. Glossier‘s Mask Duo Set come in the perfect little pods that can be tucked into your bag for some much-deserved DIY pampering while you’re traveling. Featuring a mix of their detoxifying Mega Greens Galaxy Pack and Moisturizing Moon Mask, these will take your skin and mind from “ahhh!” to spa. Happy holidays to yourself!
We’ve rounded up some fun gifts for the kiddos this holiday! Let’s start with…
2. A festive sled! It makes for a big gift under the tree (read: buy lots of wrapping paper!), something fun to do outside in winter when you’re experiencing cabin fever and it’s got lots of bang for it’s buck. We went with an option on Amazon that ships free for Prime Members and you can throw in a pair of cute, yet functional, Crocs snowboots while you’re at it!
3. Melissa & Doug is carried in toy stores around the country plus they have a website that easily sorts by age, price, skill, theme and more so you can check all your littles off your list and easily buy in bulk. Water Wow! is a mess free activity to do all the way to Grandma’s House for the holidays and their pretend toys allows everyone to take part in festive prep!
4. LEGO A long-time favorite for all ages – there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating whatever pops in to their little minds and can be easily brought to a friend’s place or out for dinner to keep busy ones even busier. What’s even better? At long last someone has thought of an amazing invention to combat pain from stepping on LEGO in your very home – a stylish pair of slippers (designed by a French PR firm naturally!)
5. No matter what age you’re looking to buy for – these sweet, playful Jellycat animals are fan favorites in homes all around the globe. Catering to itty bitty babies from their first soft stroller toy, to loveys, squeaky and books with tails and simply everyone’s favorite bashful bunnies, nothing is more adorable than a Jellycat menagerie. Be sure to buy back ups for those particular favorites that your kids jut can’t live without.
6. JJ Rabbit dipPLATEs make mealtime more fun – so a win for parents and kids on this one! They come in cute animal shapes – like bunnies and piglets – and can keep condiments in a divided section. They’re dishwasher-friendly, biodegradable and free of BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.