We’ve rounded up some fun gifts for the kiddos this holiday! Let’s start with…
2. A festive sled! It makes for a big gift under the tree (read: buy lots of wrapping paper!), something fun to do outside in winter when you’re experiencing cabin fever and it’s got lots of bang for it’s buck. We went with an option on Amazon that ships free for Prime Members and you can throw in a pair of cute, yet functional, Crocs snowboots while you’re at it!
3. Melissa & Doug is carried in toy stores around the country plus they have a website that easily sorts by age, price, skill, theme and more so you can check all your littles off your list and easily buy in bulk. Water Wow! is a mess free activity to do all the way to Grandma’s House for the holidays and their pretend toys allows everyone to take part in festive prep!
4. LEGO A long-time favorite for all ages – there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating whatever pops in to their little minds and can be easily brought to a friend’s place or out for dinner to keep busy ones even busier. What’s even better? At long last someone has thought of an amazing invention to combat pain from stepping on LEGO in your very home – a stylish pair of slippers (designed by a French PR firm naturally!)
5. No matter what age you’re looking to buy for – these sweet, playful Jellycat animals are fan favorites in homes all around the globe. Catering to itty bitty babies from their first soft stroller toy, to loveys, squeaky and books with tails and simply everyone’s favorite bashful bunnies, nothing is more adorable than a Jellycat menagerie. Be sure to buy back ups for those particular favorites that your kids jut can’t live without.
6. JJ Rabbit dipPLATEs make mealtime more fun – so a win for parents and kids on this one! They come in cute animal shapes – like bunnies and piglets – and can keep condiments in a divided section. They’re dishwasher-friendly, biodegradable and free of BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
I’ve realized that the only true “me-time” I get on many days is when I take a shower, and my muscles release stored tension from work and family. The soothing sound of water pouring drowns out anyone calling for my attention and I’m in my own little world. Though it may only be for a few precious minutes each day, I have learned to efficiently unwind and also treat myself and my skin to a luxurious ritual, Molton Brown’s Pink Pepper Body Polisher. The new Body Polisher line is superb, with subtle differences in composition and texture for each- like a distinct personality! I love the energizing feeling I get on my skin from the spicy-sweet Pink Pepper, and the smoothness of moisturized skin is palpable even as the polisher rinses off.
Rebecca Zeijdel-Paz, a native of the Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao, began her career studying in Milan and Auburn as well as interning at Carolina Herrera New York. Upon moving back to her home island she began merging her experiences abroad with her island as inspiration and at 23, Rebecca founded her jewelry line, BECK.
As we previously covered, aden+anais recently launched their clothing collection for babies, and we could not have been more thrilled that their line of essentials now has expanded into styling our little ones. And of course, when we think about the first pair of shoes, many of us now think about the soft leather moccasins by freshly picked. We’ve partnered with these two brands to bring you an amazing giveaway…to win a pair of freshly picked moccasins of your choice, along with an aden+anais bodysuit of your choice. Enter below!
Pink is everywhere (even refs in the NFL games!) to acknowledge and support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My mother is a brave breast-cancer survivor, so I love supporting the cause whenever possible. HairArt International, which is a highly respected family-owned leader in hair tools and appliances, has put out a special series H3000 Collection of high-tech heat styling designs in pink which were created to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation. NBCF will receive 10% of the proceeds from this fabulous collection, which is not only fun and girly, but incredibly functional. Ever since I heard Ken Paves say that wet hair is particularly vulnerable to breakage, I’ve winced when tugging a brush through my long hair after a shower. That all changed when I discovered HairArt’s H3000 Tourmaline Ceramic Boar Bristle Round Brush which is gentle and forgiving, but still gets the job done. I’ve often heard that boar bristles are the big secret behind luscious, healthy hair, while working well with heat styling. The brush does add lustrous shine, great volume allows for styling minus the static. This well-balanced ionic brush features a ceramic barrel to distribute heat evenly and a lightweight handle for easy styling. I’m forever looking for an outstanding comb that I can use for precise styling and straightening, and HairArt’s comb series fits the bill. They are specially designed to resist heat and add extra shine to hair while resisting that pesky static cling.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.