Jetting off somewhere sunny for the holidays? Take these fun finds with you on your tropical vaycay…we’ll be wishing we were there with you!
1. Jet-set in the perfect shoes to fly with and take on the town. Very Loves Soles has a wide range of flats under $200 that are just that lovely in both aesthetic and comfort. Shoes in patent, two-tone, bejeweled, cork, sparkle, supple leather, and exotic prints = happy feet!
2. No time for lash extensions before take off? Fear not! Stila’s Huger Than Huge Lash Duo is here to save the day with a plump primer and lush mascara set ready to travel at only $18.
3. Look and feel good on the beach with Rosena Sammi’s ‘Who’s Sari Now?” collection of up-cycled Sari accessories that support Apne Aap – a non-profit helping educate women and children rescued from the red light districts of India. At the top of our list are the bright bangles, tassel necklaces and breezy headbands. Prices range from $15 – $79.
4. Spread out and relax on Shiraleah’s Spiaggia Beach Blanket that’s perfect to roll up for travel and makes for beautiful pictures at only $30. Happy napping!
5. Don’t have wash and go hair? Don’t worry, neither do we. Embrace the sand and sun and the humidity that comes with with the help of Sally Hershberger’s Glam Waves Spray for $12.
6. Glossier‘s Mask Duo Set come in the perfect little pods that can be tucked into your bag for some much-deserved DIY pampering while you’re traveling. Featuring a mix of their detoxifying Mega Greens Galaxy Pack and Moisturizing Moon Mask, these will take your skin and mind from “ahhh!” to spa. Happy holidays to yourself!
We’ve rounded up some fun gifts for the kiddos this holiday! Let’s start with…
2. A festive sled! It makes for a big gift under the tree (read: buy lots of wrapping paper!), something fun to do outside in winter when you’re experiencing cabin fever and it’s got lots of bang for it’s buck. We went with an option on Amazon that ships free for Prime Members and you can throw in a pair of cute, yet functional, Crocs snowboots while you’re at it!
3. Melissa & Doug is carried in toy stores around the country plus they have a website that easily sorts by age, price, skill, theme and more so you can check all your littles off your list and easily buy in bulk. Water Wow! is a mess free activity to do all the way to Grandma’s House for the holidays and their pretend toys allows everyone to take part in festive prep!
4. LEGO A long-time favorite for all ages – there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating whatever pops in to their little minds and can be easily brought to a friend’s place or out for dinner to keep busy ones even busier. What’s even better? At long last someone has thought of an amazing invention to combat pain from stepping on LEGO in your very home – a stylish pair of slippers (designed by a French PR firm naturally!)
5. No matter what age you’re looking to buy for – these sweet, playful Jellycat animals are fan favorites in homes all around the globe. Catering to itty bitty babies from their first soft stroller toy, to loveys, squeaky and books with tails and simply everyone’s favorite bashful bunnies, nothing is more adorable than a Jellycat menagerie. Be sure to buy back ups for those particular favorites that your kids jut can’t live without.
6. JJ Rabbit dipPLATEs make mealtime more fun – so a win for parents and kids on this one! They come in cute animal shapes – like bunnies and piglets – and can keep condiments in a divided section. They’re dishwasher-friendly, biodegradable and free of BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
I’ve realized that the only true “me-time” I get on many days is when I take a shower, and my muscles release stored tension from work and family. The soothing sound of water pouring drowns out anyone calling for my attention and I’m in my own little world. Though it may only be for a few precious minutes each day, I have learned to efficiently unwind and also treat myself and my skin to a luxurious ritual, Molton Brown’s Pink Pepper Body Polisher. The new Body Polisher line is superb, with subtle differences in composition and texture for each- like a distinct personality! I love the energizing feeling I get on my skin from the spicy-sweet Pink Pepper, and the smoothness of moisturized skin is palpable even as the polisher rinses off.
Rebecca Zeijdel-Paz, a native of the Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao, began her career studying in Milan and Auburn as well as interning at Carolina Herrera New York. Upon moving back to her home island she began merging her experiences abroad with her island as inspiration and at 23, Rebecca founded her jewelry line, BECK.
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.