Beauty friends! You know that here at TDO, we love Simple Skincare so we are super excited to share that Simple is running a lil Twitter giveaway this week. From today through Wednesday, September 25, follow @SimpleSkincare on Twitter, use #SimpleVIP and #RedCarpet hashtags, and tell us how you use Simple® to get red carpet ready (shouldn’t be too hard after all that beauty inspiration last night!). Simple is giving away 100 prizes– a gift bag filled with skincare goodies.
On Wednesday from 8-9PM EST, Simple is also hosting a TweetUp. Hosts include Simple Advisory Board fitness expert Kacy Duke and makeup expert Gita Bass. Make sure you follow @SimpleSkincare and use the tag #FallBeauty to ask these two experts any advice they have about fall skincare, especially as it relates to makeup/fitness. The brand is prizing even more Simple product during the chat – plus, four grand prize winners will receive $100 American Express gift cards, a yoga mat and a makeup sample. You definitely don’t want to miss out!
Creating everyday elegant designs, Christy Wilbanks is the founder of CamiLynn Jewelry. While working as a Pediatric Hospital Nurse Practitioner, she started designing jewelry as a creative outlet in 2010. Before long, she had a local fan base of customers who raved over the quality of products she produced. CamiLynn Jewelry offers simple pretty pieces, from classic to quirky, that appeal to a variety of women to wear on a daily basis. Find out what Christy is obsessing over! More »
You are having an Emmy party, right? If not, start planning! The folks over at The Savory alerted us to this handy drinking game and I couldn’t resist reposting. Of course, I put our own spin on it, so here’s my reco on how to look stylish as you sip (or gulp) your way through the night:
2. Slip on a pair of J. Crew Collection Valentina Calf Hair D’Orsay Pumps in Hazelnut Leopard or Dark Aubergine. I am obsessed with these. Obsessed, I tell you. They’re mostly backordered online right now but if you head to the store, they might have them! (Sale applies, of course.)
3. Get into an AllSaints Lewis Dress in Black. It’s flattering. It’s silk (read: comfortable and glam). It works day or night. What’s not to love?!?
Enjoy, Emmy lovers!
Being a new mom means that my days are now full of discovery…of the latest and greatest kid gear! Below are my three favorites of the moment.
Lollacup. I can’t gush enough about this simple but well-made weighted-straw travel cup. The idea is that toddlers haven’t figured out (along with not throwing food on the floor) that gravity will prevent straws from being as effective as they want. So the smart people who look out for all of us parents came up with Lollacup, which allows sipping even at horizontal angles. I love that the cups are free of BPAs and made exclusively in the USA, and feature a cute chick-face on the cover (we just have to say “cock-a-doodle-doo” and our lil girl knows to come have a sip of water). As for the parent aspect, the straw disassembles easily for quick cleanup and even includes a nifty brush for the inside of the straw. Lollacup is built for battle, as it’s taken quite a few tumbles from the high chair and still looks new. For travel, the top flips forward to prevent spills in the go-bag. What’s not to love? More »
After a summer of barely there makeup, I’m embracing the change of season by returning to polished makeup–the darker colors for fall practically demand it! The first step to the new made-up me is flawless foundation and this season that is Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15. Now that I’ve been spoiled with all those super natural BB and CC creams, I have a higher standard for my foundations–no longer will I accept anything too heavy, too cake-y, or too mask-like. Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation is fabulous because it’s an ultra-blendable light texture that doesn’t coat or cake on the skin but still leaves behind a completely even complexion and that enviable glowing-yet-matte finish. The product is almost like a gel and formulated with Liquid Light Technology that acts as filters and diffusers to blur out imperfections. The foundation is easy to apply with fingers or a brush, goes on smoothly, and blends into skin easily leaving your face looking natural-but-better–a great product for everyday wear and the perfect canvas to show off those rich fall hues.
As soon as I sauntered into the James Royal Palm on South Beach, I felt like I was transported back to 1963, where I might turn a corner and run into Don Draper on assignment. Everything from the coffee bar in the lobby to the green-on-wood entrance to the Florida Cookery restaurant screams retro chic. The beachfront location affords prime views and service, so instead of running to the action, it comes to you. This 1939 Art Deco classic recently underwent a top to bottom renovation, preserving the original aesthetic with a modern sensibility.
The original green-glass reception desk has been perfectly preserved and restored, and now serves as the coffee bar while art installations throughout the hotel are a nod to Miami’s famous modern art scene and deserve a double take when passing through the halls. Dapper gentlemen and ladies at the front desk direct guests to its 393 guest rooms and suites My go-to source for happening hotels, Conde Nast Traveler, has taken notice of its gorgeous makeover and featured the James Royal Palm on its 2013 Hot Hotels List! Speaking of hot, the hotel’s club SL draws the beautiful young Miami crowd in with its earth-shaking sound system, so guests need not worry about traveling to find the action or bump elbows with a few celebs. More »
With my wedding just weeks ago, every little beauty move I make till then has to have a purpose and has to work! Gone are the days of just “trying out” products—from now till the end of the month I’m only sticking to what’s guaranteed to produce results. One tool that I’ve been using recently is the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System, which is now my go-to product for cleansing and exfoliating. More »
I was tickled pink to get my hands on the brand-new Burt’s Bees Baby line, which is soft and cuddly and ridiculously cute! I’ve always loved Burt’s Bees products for their philosophy of using nature’s best beeswax and honey to make skincare and beauty products. Along the same vein, their baby and toddler clothing line is made from 100% organic cotton of the highest quality, so it’s extremely soft and durable. Organic cotton is grown without pesticides, so when it’s resting against your baby’s fragile skin, there are no residues. I foresee many romps around the playground and dancing around to just about anything in these basics. There’s a ton to look through on their new website, so I’ll outline a couple of my favorites, perfect for fall weather!
1) Bee Essentials Striped Lap Shoulder Dress. I love that this is a onesie but has a pretty little dress attached to it, making it one of my favorite essentials. I know I’ll be stocking up on these since my baby will be wanting to wear these every day, and it’s quick to slip on. It’s so comfortable that she’ll be able to play and nap in it, and of course it’s easy for diaper changes.
2) Knit Terry Hooded Robe. I actually squealed when I saw how cute and soft this robe is. The deliciously delicate terry lining cuddles baby’s skin and keeps the cutie warm after a soothing bath. The pretty pastel colors on the outside are beautifully contrasted with the white terry inside. What a cute shower gift, or something to bring to a new mom! Fits 0-9 months, perfect for the petites.
3) Cozy Bee Sweater Set. This is so adorbs for winter, with the signature bee knit into the sweater. With a matching hat just putting it over the edge of cuteness, this will garner so many compliments. The organic cotton is so lofty, it actually gets softer after washing, if that’s even possible. I’m picturing this with a little denim skirt and boots! The button detail on the shoulder is both sweet and functional.
4) Favorite Terry Play Dress. This might be the softest piece of them all- I want one in my size! The ragged finishes make it edgy (never too young to start!) and smart. The muffler pocket in front will keep those little hands tucked in and warm. Since it’s a versatile grey, I can get creative and pair it with brightly colored tights and shoes to make it a statement piece!
If you’re like us, Pinterest is your one-stop-shop for finding info and inspiration for…everything. That’s why we’re excited to hear that Simple Skincare has just launched their Pinterest board because we are all about easy access to skin, health, and wellness resources at the click of amouse—please oodles of pretty pictures to help us distress and feel inspired every time we look! As a Simple Ambassador, The Daily Obsession also created our own #SimpleInspiration board. Be sure to follow us as we update with pins that inspire us to live well and be well.
Starting today through September 27, Simple is also giving away a gift bag filled with Simple skincare goodies plus a $50 American Express gift card (For some extra pampering!). You can enter to win simply by getting involved on Pinterest!
Ways to Win:
- Upload your own pin using content from the Simple Blog or Simple YouTube page using the #SimpleInspiration hashtag.
- Repin any pin from the Simple Pinterestpage using the #SimpleInspiration hashtag.
- Pin directly to our Simple Inspiration! pinboard with your favorite piece of Simple content, using the #SimpleInspiration hashtag. To enter this way, make sure you’re following our Simple Inspiration! pinboard.
For terms, conditions and full content rules, click here.