It’s the start of another new year…which is the perfect time to start setting new intentions! While we love shopping at all our favorite brands, it’s a great time to think about how you’re shopping and how you can be more intentional with how you spend your hard-earned cash. One way is to support brands that are giving back – like TOMS has always done.
Their One for One model gives back to many communities and improving lives – whether it’s the gift of sight or improved healthcare – it’s inspired a lot of other businesses to do the same. (Take a couple extra minutes out of your day to read more about that. It’ll inspire your shopping choices!) Of course, you’ll want to buy something that you’ll wear, too…so it’s a good thing that they also have super stylish pieces that you’ll be obsessing over! READ MORE
Around this time of year, it can get crazy with shopping and traveling, and skin absorbs and shows the stress and extra sugar that come with the holidays! I decided to take a break from it all and give my face what it’s been sorely in need of- a thorough facial at the beautiful new location of Haven Spa.
My very talented therapist Irina listened to my concerns prior to starting treatment, which included dry winter skin, blocked pores, and pesky sun spots. She suggested that instead of the Boot Camp Facial which I had signed up for, to try the HydraFacial. I’m so grateful that she took the initiative to recommend this, because it was exactly what my skin had been aching for for months! She could tell from my pores that I had major blockages, and she customized the facial and product selection to maximize effectiveness for me. The HydraFacial works on all skin types, but does wonders on congested and dehydrated skin. During the cleansing and steam, Irina used bold, firm strokes in combination with small circular movements to efficiently stimulate circulation while promoting lymphatic drainage. A complete excavating exfoliation was done for me, which of course hurts-so-good! The focal part of the treatment utilized a hi-tech infusion of moisture and incorporated a light acid treatment to cleanse. A dual action mask was also customized for me, one part for my T-zone and another formula for the areas surrounding. The HydraFacial delivers bright and even skin tone, exfoliation, and hydration in one highly effective appointment.
There’s always seems to be at least one Francophile amongst a group of friends; if you haven’t found a gift for them (or their kiddos) yet, we’ve rounded up a great list of books you can pick up last-minute on Amazon (thanks Prime!) or at your local book store.
The holidays are the perfect time to show how much you love the amazing women in your life – from your besties to your mom. Here’s a roundup of ideas… READ MORE
Our year-end wrap is an amazing time to look back and select our favorites, the indispensables that we could not imagine life without. The Best-of-the-Best list is all about tried and true products in every category. There’s something for everyone!
Skincare. La Prairie’s Skin Caviar Luxe Cream has maintained a cult following among the beauty-obsessed for good reason; it has legendary transformative properties which start skin glowing after only 3-4 days and with consistent use, lasts for years. I refer to it as my miracle cream, because it’s saved me from breakouts from pregnancy hormones and keeps me looking rested despite sleepless nights.The caviar extract coupled with La Paririe’s exclusive Cellular Complex recontours by working on age-lines and tightens skin. The amount of moisture it retains is nonpareil, and it’s really a long term investment in your skin to maintain and augment dewy, youthful, and well-nourished skin. The caviar is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, especially with cold snowy days in our near future. A small pearl of the luxe cream will go a long way, and the 1.7 oz jar will last for months, keeping skin looking much younger than its chronological age. The clean and luxurious scent doesn’t linger long, but the effects of the creme, under makeup and overnight, can rival a facelift.
For some reason, men are just so darn hard to gift! Below are some ideas to get your imagination sparked about what they might want most this year…
1. Mouth is particularly for a good foodie friend or a nice treat to say thank you to a colleague or client. Nothing says happy holidays like a Bloody Mary Kit with delicious, carefully sourced fixings. You can spoil someone with a one time treat beautifully packaged or sign them up for a tasty monthly subscription (unlimited coffee, pickles, cookies, jerky anyone?!). Yum!
2. Trendy Butler is another easy online service that you can set and forget (our personal favorite!). Some guidance is required initially to set up a style profile but then month after month they get a delivery of stylish duds straight to their door (that they can always return if they don’t fit or they don’t care for them)! The price tag isn’t as high end as the company’s name, and their products are unique yet wearable (a far cry from what you find in the mall!)
3. Anthony can always be trusted to create great men’s products and the best part is women love them too. Pack for two on your next trip with this Essential Travel Kit which includes hair and body wash, facial cleanser, shave cream, facial moisturizer and lip balm in approved TSA compliant sized packaging – bon voyage!
4. A membership to Dollar Shave Club basically guarantees your loved one up to a year of great shaves. It’s simple: go online, choose a length of time for the subscription, tell them where to send the boxes, and you’re officially the best gift giver ever. The first box includes: selected razor handle and corresponding razor cartridges, Dr. Carver’s Shave Butter and Dr. Carver’s Post Shave. Razor cartridges are then sent automatically each month for the designated amount of time – price ranging from $40 – $140
5. Is he a music fiend? The the AudioTechnica QuietPoint Active Noise-cancelling Headphones ATH-ANC9 will score you major points. The noise-cancelling abilities on these headphones are top-notch, so he can listen to his music anytime, anywhere.
6. For the man who has everything – including French cuffs, we covet Suz Somersall‘s cuff links. We adore the bull and bears and fighter jets but we’ve always had a soft spot for anchors ($88 with matching tie bar available upon request).
7. Need a stocking stuffer? These handy Griffin‘s Magnetic Cable Anchors are a sleek take on organizing all his cable wires (hello phone cords, tablets, etc.!).
The Daily Obsession draws from the expertise of a coast-to-coast editorial team offering dedicated readers reports of the most luxurious products and trends. We provide sophisticated and relevant angles on the latest fashion trends, must-have beauty products, insider interviews, travel destinations and of course, our current obsessions.